GIS Map Settings
In Asset Essentials, you can configure your map to correlate with your organization's GIS data. *Note: This feature is only available for clients who have a Public Works module and are incorporating GIS in their account. Please contact your Implementation Specialist or our Legendary Support Team if you are interested in utilizing GIS features in your account.
How to Access and Edit Map Settings
- Click on the Admin menu icon, and then click on Configurations.
Select Map Configurationfrom the GIS Settings section.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select either streets or satellite from the Default Base Map drop down menu to determine how your map will appear when you log into Asset Essentials.
- In the Current Extent section, use the zoom in/zoom out buttons to adjust the map to the location you want to see as your default view when you log in.
- Click the Reset button if you would like to set the default of the map back to the initial extent.
- The Geometry Service Url link ensures that Asset Essentials is pulling the correct location and shape data for your account.
- Choose the GIS Source from the drop down menu.
- If you choose ArcGIS Enterprise you will have to enter a Map Service Url that is unique and contains GIS data for your organization.
- Click on the Secure Service button to set up token-based security. You will need to enter a separate token service URL, as well as a username and password. *Note: Once the token service password is entered, Dude Solutions is unable to see what that password is.
- If you choose ArcGIS Online you will have to enter a WebMap ID. The WebMap ID is embedded in the URL of the WebMap when accessed from ArcGIS Online.
- For more information on how to use ArcGIS Online, check out our Self Hosting Best Practices page.
- Click on the Secure Service button to set up token-based security. You will need to enter a separate token service URL, as well as a username and password. The Token Service Username and Token Service Password are used for importing data from ArcGIS Online into Asset Essentials using the GIS Feature to Asset Import. *Note: Once the Token Service Password is entered, Dude Solutions is unable to see what that password is.
- If the box next to Require Login for Map is checked, the end user will be required to enter their ArcGIS Online credentials when accessing the GIS data on the map through Asset Essentials. If the box next to Require Login for Map is not checked, then the credentials listed are used to give access to the GIS data on the map in Asset Essentials for every end user.
- The Geocode Service Url link contains your address data in the GIS geocode server or map server.
- Click on the Secure Service button to set up token-based security. You will need to enter a separate token service URL, as well as a username and password.
- Enter a number in the Max Search Results field to indicate how many results you want to appear when doing a search. *Note: We recommend entering 5 in this field.
- In the Search Distance field, indicate how far out you would like to search. *Note: The unit of measure for the number in this field depends on your GIS data. For example, if your GIS data is in meters, then this field will represent meters.
- Select a Geocode Type from the drop down. The selection you make here may populate additional fields to complete in this section. *Note: If you select Standard, you must have a geocode server in the Geocode Settings section. Also, when ArcGIS Online is selected as your GIS Source, the only valid Geocode Type supported is Standard.
- Enter the Display Field.
- Type in the Address Field, City Field, Zip Field, and State field information. *Note: Depending on the selection you made in the Geocode Type field, you may see other fields to fill out here.
- Click Save at the top of the screen to save your edits.
Mobile Profiles allow you to customize the menu that appears when selecting Quick Work Orders while using the Asset Essentials mobile app.
Creating a Mobile Profile
- Click the Admin menu icon, then select Configurations.
- Select Mobile Profiles in the Misc section.
- Click the New button.
- In the General section, enter the Button Config Name.
- Select a Site, then click the Set button to assign the profile to the Site.
- In the Profile section, there are six configurable buttons that can be configured to be either a menu button or a work order button.
- Click the Add button.
A menu button will open an additional menu of six buttons that can also be configured to be either menu buttons or work order buttons.
- In the Options window, select the Button Type of Menu Button.
- Enter a Button Title.
- If necessary, you can also select a Background Color.
- Click Done. The Menu button will appear in the Profile section.
- Click the () button to show the sub menu buttons that will appear when the button is tapped.
Work Order Button
A Work Order button will automatically create a work order for that Work Category when tapped on the mobile app.
- In the Options window, select the Button Type of Work Order Button.
- Select a Work Category from the drop down.
- If you would like the Edit Work Order form to show when tapping the button on the mobile device, check the Show Edit Form box.
- Check the Validate Address box, if you would like the user to be prompted to select the closest address when creating the work order.
- Check the Add Images box if you would like the user to be prompted to take a picture or select a picture on their device to attach to the work order. *Note: The user may be prompted by the Asset Essentials app for camera permissions to use this feature.
- If necessary, enter the Work requested in the text box.
- Click Done. The Work Order button will appear with a () icon in the Profile section.
Assigning a Mobile Profile
In order for an Asset Essentials mobile app user to be able use the Quick Work Orders feature, a Mobile Profile must be assigned to them.
- Click on the Admin tab, then select Users.
- Select a user by clicking on the user's name.
- In the Mobile Profiles section, choose a Mobile Profile from the drop down menu next to the user's assigned Site.
- Click Save.