Creating Mobile Profiles
Mobile Profiles allow you to customize the menu that appears when selecting Quick Work Orders while using the Asset Essentials mobile app. *Note: This feature is only available for clients who have a Public Works module purchased for their account. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing this feature.
How to Create a Mobile Profile
- Click the Admin menu icon, then select Configurations.
- Select Mobile Profiles in the Misc section.
- Click the New button.
- In the General section, enter the Button Config Name.
- Select a Site, then click the Set button to assign the profile to the Site.
- In the Profile section, there are six configurable buttons that can be configured to be either a menu button or a work order button.
- Click the Add button.
A menu button will open an additional menu of six buttons that can also be configured to be either menu buttons or work order buttons.
- In the Options window, select the Button Type of Menu Button.
- Enter a Button Title.
- If necessary, you can also select a Background Color.
- Click Done. The Menu button will appear in the Profile section.
- Click the () button to show the sub menu buttons that will appear when the button is tapped.
Work Order Button
A Work Order button will automatically create a work order for that Work Category when tapped on the mobile app.
- In the Options window, select the Button Type of Work Order Button.
- Select a Work Category or Asset Category from the drop down menus. *Note: Selecting an Asset Category will allow users to create a quick work order in the Mobile App for GIS Assets nearest to them.
- If you would like the Edit Work Order form to show when tapping the button on the mobile device, check the Show Edit Form box.
- Check the Validate Address box, if you would like the user to be prompted to select the closest address when creating the work order.
- Check the Add Images box if you would like the user to be prompted to take a picture or select a picture on their device to attach to the work order. *Note: The user may be prompted by the Asset Essentials app for camera permissions to use this feature.
- If necessary, enter the Work requested in the text box.
- Click Done. The Work Order button will appear with a () icon in the Profile section.
Assigning a Mobile Profile
In order for an Asset Essentials mobile app user to be able use the Quick Work Orders feature, a Mobile Profile must be assigned to them.
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then select Users.
- Select a user by clicking on the user's name.
- In the Mobile Profiles section, choose a Mobile Profile from the drop down menu next to the user's assigned Site.
- Click Save.