Batch Updating Work Orders
Updating Work Orders can either be done one at a time, or you can apply the same change to multiple Work Orders. If you are only updating one Work Order, you have the option of right-clicking the Work Order, and selecting Edit. However, Asset Essentials provides you with a quick update feature that can be applied to as many Work Orders as needed.
How to Batch Update Work Orders
- Click on the Work Orders menu icon, then select Work Orders.
- Select the Work Order(s) you wish to update by checking the box to the left of the Work Order #. *Note: All work orders selected must be in the same status in order to batch update them to a new status.
- Click on the More button, and select Update.
- An Update window will appear, with tabs at the top for General, Assigned To, Labor Entries, and Associations. Click on the tabs to navigate to the data you need to update.
- Check the box next to the field that needs updating, and then select the correct field that the Work Orders need. For example, if several Work Orders need to be marked completed, you could check the box next to WO Status, and select "Completed" in the drop down menu.
- Click Save when you have made all the appropriate changes needed across all tabs. This will update all selected Work Orders with that information.