Adding and managing tasks on a work order
Asset Essentials allows you to create a list of tasks for the worker to follow. You have the option to either create a new task by clicking the Add Task button or you can select an existing task from the Tasks Library. *Note: The Tasks section will not show on the work order form until the work order is saved.
There are 3 task types to choose from when creating tasks on your work orders:
Instruction - use this task type for generic step-by-step tasks
Collect Reading - use this task type if the worker should record any meter readings from an asset. *Note: If you select Collect Reading, you must also select an Asset and a Meter Title.
Pass/Fail - use this task type for inspection-like tasks that require a determination that an asset passed a review, failed a review, or failed the review but was able to be fixed. *Note: If you select Pass/Fail, you must also select an Asset.
How to add tasks
Adding a task from the tasks library
- Click on Select from Library.
- Check the box next to any task you would like included on the work order.
- Click the Copy button to transfer the tasks to the work order.
Adding a single task
- Click on Add Task to create a new task on the work order.
- In the Task window, select the User responsible for the task from the drop down menu or click the user icon () to select a user from the list.
- Enter the Name of the task as well as the Description.
- Select the Task Type.
- Instruction - generic step-by-step tasks
- Collect Reading - when meter readings need to be recorded for an asset. *Note: You must also select an Asset and a Meter Title with this task type.
- Pass/Fail - for inspection-like tasks that require a determination that an asset passed a review, failed a review, or failed the review but was able to be fixed. *Note: You must also select an Asset with this task type.
- If you need to attach a document to the task, click the image icon () and select a document from either your Document Library or upload a file from your computer.
- Repeat these steps to add as many tasks as needed.
- If necessary, you can reorder the steps by clicking the rearrange icon () and dragging the task to its new location in the list.
How to manage a task
You can make changes, add an individual note, mark a task complete, or delete a task on a work order.
To edit the content of a task, click the Edit button in the Actions column.
- Adjust any fields that are necessary in the window that appears, such as the Step number, User, Description, or Reading.
- Click Save.
- To add a note to a task, click the Edit button in the Actions column.
- Enter information in the Note field relating to the work that is being done for that task.
- Click Save. The note will appear in the Notes column in the Tasks section of the work order.
- To mark an individual task complete, click the Mark as done button in the Actions column. The word "Done" will automatically populate in the Done? column for that task.
- To mark all tasks complete, click the Mark All As Done button at the top of the Tasks section.
- To delete a task, click the Delete button in the Actions column.