Using the mobile app
The Asset Essentials Mobile App allows you to access your Asset Essentials account on the go. The app can be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet through either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Watch the video tutorial:
Downloading the Asset Essentials mobile app
- Access the app store on your smartphone or tablet.
- Search for Asset Essentials.
- Install the app on your device.
Logging into the Asset Essentials mobile app
*Note: If your organization is using SSO (single sign on) for user authentication, your login experience may be different. If you are having difficulty logging in using SSO or you are unsure whether your organization utilizes SSO for their Dude Solutions products, please contact your technology help desk for assistance.
- Tap the Asset Essentials app icon on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enter your Client ID and tap Next. *Note: Your client ID can be found in the web address you use to log into Asset Essentials. Example: https://assetessentials.dudesolutions.com/clientID. If necessary you can also type in the full web address.
- On the next screen, enter your Username and Password.
- Tap Login.
Submitting a request
When you log into your Asset Essentials account you will immediately be taken to your My Request list. *Note: Your request form may be different depending on your account's configuration.
- Tap the plus button () at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap + Request.
- The request will default to your assigned site, but if you have the appropriate permissions you can choose a different site, if needed.
- Select the appropriate Location.
- Enter a Room Number.
- Choose a Work Category that best fits the nature of your request.
- Provide a detailed description of what needs to be done in the Work Requested section.
- In the Upload Document/Image section, tap Take Photo to take a picture with your device's camera, or tap Add Photo to select an image from your device's storage.
- Click Submit Request at the bottom of the screen to submit the work order. You will be taken to the My Requests page after the work order has been submitted.
Managing your requests
- Tap the menu icon ( ).
- Tap My Requests.
- All work requests you have submitted will appear in the list. Tap on a work request to access the work request form.
- You can search for a work request by tapping on the search icon ( ) and entering a Work Order ID.
- Tap the scanner icon ( ) to scan a barcode and filter the list of requests related to the scanned asset.
Updating the Asset Essentials mobile app
We strongly recommend using the most up to date version of the Asset Essentials mobile app to ensure that it remains functional and maintains compatibility for future releases.
How to update your mobile app on android devices
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap My apps & games.
- Search for the Asset Essentials app.
- Tap Update.
How to update your mobile app on iOS devices
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the pending updates section until you see the Asset Essentials mobile app.
- Tap Update next to the Asset Essentials mobile app.