Mobile App Overview
When you first log into the mobile app you will see your Dashboard. The Dashboard lists your Overdue work orders, your PM/PdM work orders, your Non-PM/PdM work orders, and any messages you may have.
- From your dashboard, tap on any work order or message to access additional information about it.
- You can also tap the camera icon () to take a photo or select a photo from your device to attach it to a work order.
- Tap the scanner icon () to scan a barcode.
- Tap the menu icon () to access the mobile app menu.
Any Asset Essentials "Work Order has been Assigned" notifications that you receive will be listed in your Notifications section. You must configure your account to receive notifications and push notifications to your mobile device.
Enabling your User Profile
- Log in to your Asset Essentials account through a mobile browser or a web browser.
- Click on the Profile button in the top right corner, then select My Profile.
- In the WO Notifications section, check the box next to Enable WO notifications. *Note: This will only enable the "Work Order has been Assigned" notification for the mobile app.
Enabling your Asset Essentials Mobile App
- Log in to your Asset Essentials mobile app.
- Tap the menu icon (), then select Settings.
- Tap the toggle next to Enable Push Notifications.
Once a work order has been assigned to you, you will receive a push notification to your mobile device. It is important to be sure you have your device's notifications setting configured for the Asset Essentials app. This will also allow you to determine how the push notification displays when it comes through. The following scenarios will apply when viewing and interacting with your push notifications:
- You are logged into the app and it is in focus: The push notification will display on your device. When you tap on the notification, you will be brought directly to the work order. The notification will display as gray in the list of Notifications since it has already been read.
- You are logged into the app and it is running in the background: The push notification will display on your device. When you tap on the notification, the app will be brought back into focus and direct you to the section of the app you were last viewing. You will need to navigate to the list of Notifications and tap on the bold one at the bottom of the list to view the work order that was assigned to you.
- You are logged into the app but it is not actively running: The push notification will display on your device. When you tap on the notification, the app will open and log you in to the default page configured for your account, such as your Dashboard. You will need to navigate to the list of Notifications and tap on the bold one at the bottom of the list to view the work order that was assigned to you.
- Tap the menu icon ().
- Tap on Notifications.
- The most recent notification will display first. It will also have a green sidebar and a New! icon at the top. Once the notification is opened, the New! icon will go away and the sidebar will turn gray.
- The work order title will display in bold text next to the work order number.
- A time stamp will display the date and time that the notification arrived to the mobile app.
- The priority will display in the bottom corner of the card. A low, medium or spare time priority will display as blue, and a critical or high priority will display as red.
- If there aren't any notifications, you will see a message saying "You're All Caught Up! No Notifications".
- You can swipe left on a notification and select Discard to remove the notification from the list.
You can customize your mobile app through the mobile app Settings.
- Tap the menu icon ().
- Tap Settings.
- Upload Folder: Edit the folder name that stores photos you upload to the mobile app.
- Image Dimension: Set the maximum width and height of uploaded images.
- Change Password: Change your Asset Essentials password. *Note: This will update both your mobile app password and web password.
- Assign to myself when creating a new Work Order: Enabling this setting will assign the work order to yourself when you create a new work order from the mobile app.
- Default labor entry to me: Enabling this setting will default labor entries to yourself when adding labor to a work order.
- Labor entries: Adjust the labor entry form on a work order to show hours and minutes or date and time.
- Equipment Usage: Adjust the equipment usage transaction form on a work order to show usage date only or usage start/end dates and times.
- Enable Push Notifications: Turn on the ability to receive push notifications.
- Set the Default action on your Work Order, Asset, Part, or My Request summary pages to either View or Edit. When you tap on one of these items, either a View or Edit screen will be shown according to these settings.
- Tap Refresh Account Settings to manually apply any changes made to your account settings on the web. *Note: The mobile app will refresh the account settings automatically once every 24 hours.
- Tap Logout to log out of the mobile app.