User role descriptions
User Roles can be thought of as "permission groups" that define the access that certain users have in Asset Essentials. Asset Essentials Enterprise Administrators can add new user roles with varying permissions to the account. However, the program provides various default User Roles that fall under categories called User Types. The User Type categories include Administrator, Full User, Request Only, Specialty, and Tracking Only. *Note: If you are interested in accessing Asset Essentials Enterprise features, please contact your Implementation Specialist or your Sales Representative.
The Administrator User Type is only available to Asset Essentials Enterprise clients. Below is the default User Role under the Administrator User Type:
- Global Admin - Global Admins have the highest level of access in Asset Essential Enterprise and can manage everything in the system for all Regions and Sites.
This User Type can be given access to everything in the account. Below are the default User Roles under the User Type of Full User:
- Account Admin - The Account Admin manages the account at the global level. They have the ability to make changes that affect all sites.
- Inventory Manager - The Inventory Manager is a member of the procurement, warehousing, or maintenance department. They are responsible for managing parts, re-ordering, stocking, kitting, physical counts, shipping and receiving.
- Maintenance Technician - Maintenance Technicians are the people who are assigned work orders to complete. When they log in, they see the Work Order summary page.
- Observer - Observers have Site level view only access. They can see everything, but cannot edit, add or delete items.
- Site Admin - The Site Admin manages the account at the site level. They are responsible for making any site level changes including adding users.
- Supervisor Lead - Supervisor Leads have access to all maintenance aspects of the program, including adding and editing Assets, editing completed work, and setting up PMs.
The Specialty User Type can enter maintenance requests, as well as view and edit PM work orders. Below is the default User Role under the Specialty User Type:
- Operator/TPM - The Operator/TPM user role can enter maintenance requests, as well as view and edit PM work orders. When they log in to Asset Essentials, they see the Work Order summary page.
The Request Only User Type only has access to create requests for work and view the requests they have made.
- Requester - Requesters can submit and view work requests. When they log in to Asset Essentials, they see the request form.
- Power Requester - Power Requesters can submit work requests for their assigned site(s). They are able to view their own work requests and other user's work requests for their assigned site(s). When they log in to Asset Essentials, they see the request form.
The Tracking Only User Type does not have access to log into the system, but can have work assigned to them for tracking purposes. Below is the default User Role under the Tracking Only User Type:
- Contractor - The Contractor user role is associated with work orders but is unable to log in to Asset Essentials. This is a useful role to allow you to track and report on work orders that are assigned to 3rd party vendors.