Migration to Asset Essentials
Asset Essentials is the future of maintenance and operations. Here you will find information that will help you have a successful transition to the new platform, as well as learn about new enhancements.
Watch the video to learn more:
Actions to Take for a Successful Transition
Read through your proposal to view the statement of work for your implementation.
What are the most important things your organization does with your classic maintenance solution?
- Do Technicians create work orders from mobile?
- Which users need to approve work orders?
- Are Supervisors assigning work and running labor transaction reports?
Create a list of the most common use cases and identify the most important ones so they can be effectively and efficiently worked into your implementation project.
Change is hard! Make it easier by creating buy-in with your users. Use the email templates below to reach out to your organization at certain points ahead of your switch over. Let them know about the exciting changes that are coming to the way they create and manage work orders!
- Email Templates for Requesters
- Email Templates for System Users (People who will serve as Inventory Managers, Maintenance Technicians, Site Administrators, and Supervisor Leads)
As a part of your move to Asset Essentials, Dude Solutions will be making a few important improvements to how your users login. Don’t worry! We’ll work closely with you to help you through the process.
- Users will now use their email address as their username when logging in. The benefits of this change are:
- Each user has a unique username that is easy to remember!
- Administrators and Dude Support will be better able to provision and support users due to the consistent convention.
- We will be able to offer Single-Sign-On functionality across multiple Dude Products and optional SAML integration with your organization’s identity provider.
- There are other features we are planning for the future that will be possible due to this change.
- Users will need to verify their email address. The benefits of this change are:
- We can offer a more secure and simplified password reset flow.
- We can ensure that you will be able to access your email notifications and avoid accidentally SPAM’ing the wrong person.
- *Note: This change will not affect SAML users.
- Users will need to re-create their password. The benefits of this change are:
- New passwords will be hashed using the latest industry best-practices, increasing the security of your users and your data.
- New password length and complexity requirements can be enforced, thus, further enhancing your security.
- Organizations can use this opportunity to encourage their users to avoid re-using passwords that they use elsewhere as this practice causes security concerns.
- *Note: This change will not affect SAML users.
Your new Asset Essentials account has a URL that is unique to your organization. The format of your new link should follow this example: https://assetessentials.dudesolutions.com/<clientID>. If you are not sure what your login link is, contact our Legendary Support Team. Bookmark your URL for quick and easy access to your Asset Essentials login screen.
The Asset Essentials Mobile App allows you to access your Asset Essentials account on the go. The app can be downloaded to your smart phone or tablet through either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have no plan to discontinue support for classic solutions currently. We are not forcing anyone to move.
- Fresh Start: This option means that you will move to Asset Essentials like a new client, with no data migration.
- As Is: This option means that pick list data and PM schedules are moved programmatically to pre-defined fields and objects in Asset Essentials with no additions, edits, or deletions, with one exception. Due to system requirements, all users will be created in Asset Essentials with their assigned email address as their login name.
- Enhance Data: This refers to the option to have any or all of the pick list data and PM Schedules enhanced/edited by a consultant. This option requires one week of consulting service.
- Work Order History: This option includes the migration of your Work Order history as well as the Enhance Data option. Work orders will include transaction totals for each work order but will not include specific transactions.
There is some variability depending on the complexity of the implementation and the data migration option that is selected. The standard implementation process that includes migrating data ‘as is’ will typically take two months. This includes data migration, account configuration, use case testing, and training. Enhancing data will add 2-4+ weeks to the implementation process.
The implementation process involves an orientation call, virtual classroom trainings (VCTs), and 1:1 consultations with an implementation specialist. These sessions are geared towards data migration review, account configuration, use case testing, launch strategy, and training.
We will leave your classic maintenance solution on for a single Administrator to access historical information and reports. We are working on a long-term strategy to give you access to key reports of your archived data. Additionally, you will have the option to receive a standard Excel report package at no additional cost.
There is not an option to get a copy of the database. We can provide an Excel file with the pick list data, PM schedules, and work order historical data.
- Pick List Data includes Locations, Buildings, Crafts, Purpose codes, Users, Equipment, Classifications, Types, Budgets, Projects, Custom Category, Suppliers, and Manufacturers.
- PM schedules includes tasks and procedures, frequency, and associated equipment. It does not include attachments on PM schedules.
- Work Order History includes work orders and transaction totals for each work order but does not include specific transactions or attachments.
Along with an Excel file which is available upon request, your work order history is available in your classic maintenance solutions for an Administrator to access.
PM Schedules can be moved 'as is' as well as pick list data, which includes:
One of the benefits to moving is that the new Asset Essentials platform allows you to edit/delete existing data. So you can edit your data once it’s moved over from your classic maintenance solution or you can select the ‘enhance data’ migration option, and one of our consultants will make changes to meet your goals.
Yes, one week of onsite consulting services is required to enhance pick list data and PM schedules. An additional week is required to enhance work order history.
- Day 1 - QA with management and to capture goals and begin work flow mapping
- Day 2 - Begin mapping of classic maintenance data to Asset Essentials fields and objects
- Day 3 - Advanced data mapping (PM Schedules, Assets, Users)
- Day 4 - Change management planning and date selection for data migration
These will need to be configured in Asset Essentials.
It depends on how your Asset Essentials account is configured.
- If data is moved over as is, much of Asset Essentials will be configured in a similar fashion to your classic maintenance solution. So the change management will be focused on a new user interface and experience.
- If processes are enhanced in Asset Essentials, then there will be more change management required around new processes. We will provide standardized training and content to help you with change management. If more hands-on support is required, consulting services can be purchased.
If consulting services are not purchased, yes. We will provide content and guidance to help you train your team. Consulting services can be purchased to train your staff.
Yes, we are making a few important improvements to how your users login. As part of the move to Asset Essentials, users will now use their email address as their username when logging in.
Your project coordinator will review your initial data migration with you and confirm it is a good fit for your implementation. If it is determined a change is needed to a more involved data migration, there may be an additional charge.
Feature Highlights of Asset Essentials
There are many standout features that make Asset Essentials the maintenance and operations platform of the future. Here are a few that will help to make your work life easier.
The customizable Dashboard gives you control to see what is important to your organization right on your home page.
Summary pages provide a convenient way to see many records at one time, whether they are work orders, parts, or PM procedures. There are various ways to customize summary pages to allow you to control how your data is displayed.
Asset Essentials gives you more diverse and layered options in routing your work orders, allowing you more flexibility in your work flows.
A feature many have asked for, Asset Essentials allows you to assign work to multiple users to enhance your team's productivity.
Quickly manage multiple work orders at one time with the batch updating feature. Make the same changes to multiple work orders and even edit more than one field at a time.
Now, if you have assets to track both inside and outside of your facilities, you can view and manage work for all of them on the Esri map feature.
Utilize the comprehensive reporting options in Asset Essentials to arm yourself with the data to make well-informed decisions for your organization.
We're Here to Help
- Stay on track with your Basecamp project! See a checklist of everything needed for your move to Asset Essentials.
- Use these email templates to help you communicate this change to your staff and end users.
- View the Asset Essentials Video Learning Path to learn about common functions and features.
- Check out these Requester Resources on logging in, entering work requests, and using the mobile app.
Client Service Center
- View our continually updated Help Site with how-to articles and best practices to help you get the most value out of your subscription.
- Call 1-877-655-DUDE (3833) to talk to a live person 8AM EST to 6PM EST Monday through Friday. We promise to answer within three rings!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and receive a response from our Legendary Support Team within one hour during business hours.
- Use our Live Chat feature located under the Asset Essentials help link to chat with a real person, 8AM EST to 6PM EST Monday through Friday.
- View recorded interactive Virtual Classroom Trainings.