Updating POs can either be done one at a time, or you can apply the same change to multiple POs. If you are only updating one PO, you have the option of right-clicking the PO, and selecting Edit. However, Asset Essentials provides you with a quick update feature that can be applied to as many POs as needed. *Note: The Parts & POs feature is available to Asset Essentials clients for an additional cost. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing this feature.
How to batch update POs
- Click on the Parts & Purchase Orders menu icon and select Purchase Orders.
- Select the PO(s) you wish to update by checking the box to the left of the Purchase Order #(s).
- Click on the More button, and select Update.
- An Update window will appear, with tabs at the top for General and Associations. Click on the tabs to navigate to the data you need to update.
- Check the box next to the field that needs updating, and then select the correct field that the PO(s) need. For example, if several POs need cancellation, you could check the box next to PO Status, and select "PO Cancelled" in the drop down menu.
- Click Save when you have made all the appropriate changes needed across all tabs. This will update all selected POs with that information.