Creating mobile profiles
Mobile profiles allow you to customize the menu that appears when selecting Quick Work Orders while using the Asset Essentials mobile app. *Note: The GIS Asset Management feature is available to Asset Essentials clients for an additional cost. Please contact your Sales Representative or Client Services if you are interested in purchasing this feature.
How to create a mobile profile
- Click the Admin menu icon, then select Configurations.
- Select Mobile Profiles in the Misc section.
- Click the New button.
- In the General section, enter the Button Config Name.
- Select a Site, then click the Set button to assign the profile to the Site.
- In the Profile section, there are six configurable buttons that can be configured to be either a menu button or a work order button.
- Click the Add button.
A menu button will open an additional menu of six buttons that can also be configured to be either menu buttons or work order buttons.
- In the Options window, select the Button Type of Menu Button.
- Enter a Button Title.
- If necessary, you can also select a Background Color.
- Click Done. The Menu button will appear in the Profile section.
- Click the () button to show the sub menu buttons that will appear when the button is tapped.
Work Order Button
A Work Order button will automatically create a work order for that Work Category when tapped on the mobile app.
- In the Options window, select the Button Type of Work Order Button.
- Select a Work Category or Asset Category from the drop down menus. *Note: Selecting an Asset Category will allow users to create a quick work order in the Mobile App for GIS Assets nearest to them.
- If you would like the Edit Work Order form to show when tapping the button on the mobile device, check the Show Edit Form box.
- Check the Validate Address box, if you would like the user to be prompted to select the closest address when creating the work order.
- Check the Add Images box if you would like the user to be prompted to take a picture or select a picture on their device to attach to the work order. *Note: The user may be prompted by the Asset Essentials app for camera permissions to use this feature.
- If necessary, enter the Work requested in the text box.
- Click Done. The Work Order button will appear with a () icon in the Profile section.
Assigning a mobile profile
In order for an Asset Essentials mobile app user to be able use the Quick Work Orders feature, a Mobile Profile must be assigned to them.
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then select Users.
- Select a user by clicking on the user's name.
- In the Mobile Profiles section, choose a Mobile Profile from the drop down menu next to the user's assigned Site.
- Click Save.