Self Hosting Best Practices
Please use the following best practices to ensure a successful implementation of Mobile311 with your GIS data hosted on your ArcServer.
- Store all data in the same geodatabase, prior to publishing. The map document should be sourced to one geodatabase.
- Be sure to remove relationship classes, geometric networks, and tables from the geodatabase. *Note: Our solution does not recognize those database features, which could cause the data to display incorrectly.
- Include a unique identifier field to associate work orders to GIS features.
- Use field names that end users can easily identify.
- Field names and field aliases should match exactly.
- Check to ensure there are no duplicate layer or group names.
- Be sure to use layer names that end users can easily identify.
- Always keep names concise.
- Make sure group names are all capital letters.
- Group layers are based on the type of work and/or division.
- Be mindful of the drawing order when grouping.
- Use ESRI street map and satellite map to ensure data displays well against base maps.
- Remove ESRI base maps prior to publishing data.
- Minimum scale ranges should be no less than 1:10,000, with the exception of Label scale ranges.
- Verify that labels are correct.
- Turn off all layers before publishing map service, unless there is base data that needs to be displayed across multiple departments or divisions.