How to Identify an Asset ID
Once your Rest URL has been linked to Mobile311, you will be able to view your GIS layers on the Mobile311 map. Next, you will need to set up an identifier for your asset layers. Without this step, you won't be able to link work items to the asset because the system won't know how to identify the asset.
- Click on the Filter tab located on the left hand side of the map.
- Click on the arrow to the right of GIS Data to view the available GIS layers.
- Once the GIS Data drop down list expands, click on the plus sign (+) to expand the layer info.
- Check the boxes next to the layers you would like to see on the map.
- To associate an asset ID to a layer, click on the Edit icon () beside the GIS layer.
- From the drop down menu, select the corresponding Asset ID that should be linked to this layer.
- Check the Link to Work Items box. This allows you to associate the asset to a work order so that you can create a work item for the GIS asset.
- Click Save. Now you can create a work item for an asset of that layer.