How to Create a Work Item from GIS Data Displayed on the Map
Now that the GIS data is linked to Mobile311 and the assets are appropriately identified, Work Items can be created for the asset. Work Items can be submitted from the map on the web portal, the iOS Mobile311 app, and the Android Mobile311 app.
From the Web Portal
- Click on the Filter tab and then click on GIS Data.
- Check the box beside the layer you want to display on the map.
- Using the address search field from the Search tab, type in the address of the specific asset or use the green flag icon () to drop a work item on the specific location.
- Once the asset has been located on the map, click on the base map information tool icon () found on the tool bar at the top of the map. This allows you to see data associated to an individual GIS asset.
- Click on the desired GIS asset point on the map. GIS data for that asset will display in a window at the bottom of the map. The results displayed represent GIS data found at that place on the map for the layers selected. *Note: If the asset is linked to more than one layer, you will need to choose which layer to display in the results window by selecting it from the Choose Layer drop down.
- On the left side of the results window, click on the Green Flag to create a Work Item from the GIS asset you selected.
- Fill in the work item form as necessary and click Save to submit the work item.
From the iOS Mobile App
- Tap on the Map view at the bottom of the app.
- From this view, you will see a map of your current location and the GIS assets nearby. If you do not see your assets, tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Viewable Layers and select the layers you want to be able to see on the map.
- Tap on Identifiable Layers and select the layers you want to create work items from.
- From the map, tap the info tool () and select the asset you wish to create a work item from.
- Tap on in the info bubble that appears to display the GIS data.
- Tap on the Flag to create a work item for the asset you need to complete work on.
- Fill out the work item form and Save your changes when done.
From the Android Mobile App
- Tap the Map view.
- From this view, you will see a map of your current location and the GIS assets nearby.
- If you do not see your assets, tap the Menu icon at the top of the screen and then tap Map Options.
- Tap Select Visible Layers and select the layers you want to be able to see on the map. Tap Save.
- Tap Select Identify Layers and select the layers you want to create work items from. Tap Save.
- Tap the ID button in the top right corner and then tap the Feature info bubble.
- If there is more than one feature listed, tap View next to the applicable asset and then tap Create Work Order.
- Fill out the work item form and tap Save when done.