User Role Descriptions & Adding a User
There are five different user roles in TripDirect. Each role offers a different level of access in the system and will see slightly different views on their home page.
An Administrator has access to the entire system, including the Account Setup. They see all trips on the home page. Administrators are the only users that can activate trips, as well as assign vehicles and drivers. You can have as many Administrators as you need.
Site Administrators can create, edit, approve, and decline trip requests. The Trip Requests section on their home page shows trips for only their assigned locations, however they are able to search for trips at other locations.
The Service Provider can be defined as anyone who may need to perform a task for a trip. This role is view only. They can see their assigned tasks on their home page. They have a calendar tab and can see what trips are taking place and when. Examples of users in this role include food service coordinators, vehicle maintenance technicians, etc.
Drivers are able to log into the system to view their assigned trips and enter driver transactions, such as vehicle mileage and purchases. They are not able to submit new trip requests into the system. Additionally, once a user is added with the Driver user role, their user role cannot be changed to another user role in TripDirect. *Note: The Driver user role is separate from the Drivers list. People listed in the Drivers list, but not set up as a TripDirect user, do not have access to log into the account. If a user will need to submit trip requests as well as act as a driver on trips, then they should be given the user role of either Requester, Site Administrator, or Administrator, and then also be added to the drivers list.
Requesters are those users who will request trips. They submit requests by going to www.myschoolbuilding.com. They can submit requests for any location and also view any requests they have submitted.
The Comptroller is not an actual user role in TripDirect, rather it is an extra level of responsibility above the role. If the system does not know who the trip request should be assigned to, either through a lack of or an error in the routing rules, it will automatically route the request to the comptroller. Only one user can be designated as the comptroller for the account. *Note: The Comptroller responsibility should be assigned to an Administrator who is in TripDirect regularly.
How to Add Users
- Click on the Account Setup tab, and then click on TripDirect Users.
- Click the Add New User link above the right side of your users list.
- If you have users in other SchoolDude applications, you will be directed to a Registered Users page. The Registered Users drop down list will show all users in other SchoolDude applications that are not users in TripDirect. If the person you wish to add is in that list, select their name and click Add This User.
- If the person is not in the list, click the New User button.
Adding Registered Users
- After clicking the Add This User button, you will need to select the Role for this user.
- Check the box if you want this user to be the Comptroller for the account. Click Next Step to continue.
- On the Add/Update User screen, the user's login name, password, and contact information will automatically be pulled from the information in their existing SchoolDude account. The rest of the fields on this page are not required and can be added at any time.
- Click Next Step to continue.
- If the person that you are adding is a Site Administrator, you will see one additional screen where you will need to assign them to a Location. Click Next Step to save.
Adding New Users
- After clicking the New User button, you will need to select the Role for this user.
- Check the box if you want this user to be the Comptroller for the account.
- Click Next Step to continue.
- On the Add/Update User screen, you will need to enter a Login Name, Password, First and Last Name, and Email Address for the user account. Please make note of a few items when establishing a new user:
- Login Name - No character limit, but the name must be unique to all of our SchoolDude.com clients. We recommend using the person's email address as their login name.
- Password - Must be at least 12 characters long and include one mixed case character, one number, and one special character.
- Email Address - Enter a valid email address for the user.
- Receive email notifications - If the user does not want to receive any automatic email notifications, uncheck this box.
- Click Next Step to save.
- If the person that you are adding is a Site Administrator I, you will see one additional screen where you will need to assign them to a Location. Click Next Step to save.