In TripDirect, there are 4 different types of transactions that can be added to an approved trip:
- Vehicle Transactions: Cost Per Mile or Flat Fee
- Driver Transactions: Labor Hours or Labor Costs
- Purchase Transactions: Fuel, Tolls, Parking Costs, etc.
- Vendor Transactions: Charter Buses, Rental Car Companies, Airlines, Travel Agencies, etc.
Transportation costs can be added before or after the trip is completed. Vehicle, Driver, and Vendor Assignments must be made before those Transaction links become available. The Purchase Transaction link is always available.
How to Add Vehicle Transactions
- Go to an approved trip request and scroll down to the Actual Costs section.
- Click on the Add Vehicle Transaction link. A pop-up window will appear. *Note: A vehicle must be assigned to the trip for the link to be active.
- Indicate whether this is a round-trip transaction or a multi-segment transaction by selecting Departure, Return, or Both.
- If only one vehicle is assigned to the trip, it will automatically be selected in the Vehicle Number field. If there are multiple vehicles assigned, you will need to select the correct one for this transaction.
- The Trip Departure date will automatically populate in the Date field. However, you can change this by typing in a new date or clicking the calendar icon to select a different date.
- Select Cost Type (Cost per Mile or Flat Fee).
- If you select Cost per Mile, you will need to enter the cost per mile amount and the Odometer Begin and Odometer End readings. *Note: If you have the Cost per Mile amount specified in the Vehicle information, it will automatically pull in here.
- If you select Flat Fee, you will need to enter the flat fee amount. *Note: If you have the Flat Fee amount specified in the Vehicle information, it will automatically pull in here.
- Click Save. You can enter as many vehicle transactions as needed.
- Click Close this window to close the pop-up window and return to the trip. *Note: If you click the red X in the corner of the pop-up to close the window, you may not see the transaction added to the list until you save the trip or refresh the screen.
Viewing Vehicle Transactions
All transactions will appear in the Actual Costs section of the Trip Request form.
- You can view up to 5 transaction at a time in this section. Click Next at the top right of the list to view the next 5 transactions for the trip.
- A total for each transaction type and a Grand Total will be listed at the bottom of the section.
- You can delete a transaction by clicking the red x () next to that transaction.
- To view or edit the Transaction, click on the Description field. You will be able to make adjustments and click Save to update it.