Getting Started with Community Schedule
Setting Up Community Schedule
- From your Facility Schedule home page, click on the Account Setup tab.
- Hover your mouse over the Shortcuts menu and click the Community Schedule Setup link.
- Enter an Introductory Paragraph that will display at the bottom of each page on Community Schedule. You can use this to provide basic instructions for using the webpage or other special considerations, like how long it may take to process events or where to find certain information.
- Upload a logo in the Community Schedule Logo Setup section. Files must be 150 by 50 pixels to retain the correct proportions, .gif and .jpg file types will work.
- Enter Your Web Site URL and Hyperlink Name. The link will be displayed on your Community Schedule page and will take users back to your web site.
- Enter Your Community Schedule Contact Name, Phone, and Email for the person at your organization who is responsible for fielding questions from the community.
- Decide if you would like to Display your calendar of public facilities events to unregistered visitors?. This will enable your Community Schedule calendar. By default, everyone will be able to view the calendar.
- Decide if you would like to Allow Organization Event Coordinator registration/login? Choosing No will prevent community users from requesting access or logging in to submit requests.
- Decide if you would like to Show Questions to Organization Event Coordinator When Requesting schedules? If you are using the Questions feature in Facility Schedule, you can elect to have those questions also appear on the Community Schedule request form. Click the Order Question link to alter the order of the questions on the page.
- Decide if you would like to Show Services to Organization Event Coordinator When Requesting schedules? This option will only be available to organizations who also own FS Automation. You can choose to show the Services field to your OECs on the request form.
- Decide if you would like to Allow Community Users to purchase 3rd party insurance? Dude Solutions has partnered with AJG Insurance to provide short term liability insurance to ensure that after-hours events have the coverage they need. Activating this option helps your community members save money while also protecting the organization from liability for these events.
- Your hand-out hyperlink to your calendar of public events will display at the bottom of the page. Click on the link to view your Community Schedule page. This is the link you can give to your IT department for them to publish the Community Schedule calendar to your organization's website.
- Click Save.
Managing Locations, Rooms, and Documents in Community Schedule
When setting up and using Community Schedule you can determine whether to show or hide certain Locations, Rooms, or Documents from your Community Schedule users. You can also turn on and off certain email notifications that are triggered through Community Schedule.
The default setting is to hide ALL locations in Community Schedule, but you may choose to show certain Locations on your Community Schedule page. To change this setting, go to the Update Location screen for that location in Facility Schedule and check the box at the bottom of the page. Click the Save button to save your changes.
The default setting is to hide ALL Rooms from the Community Schedule request page. To change this, go to the Update Room screen for that room in Facility Schedule and check the box to Show Room in Community Schedule. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Rooms cannot be hidden from the calendar if their Location is also showing.
Your Documents tab in Facility Schedule is a remote storage area for your organization’s facility rental documents. You can include workflow or other internal documentation here that you may not wish to share with Community Schedule users. The default setting is to hide ALL Documents from Community Schedule. If you wish to show a document, such as specific policy, room layout, or How To documentation for OECs or other Community Schedule users, you can check the box on the Update Document screen to Show this Document in Community Schedule.
Manage Email Notifications
You may wish to receive an email notification when a new request is received from a Community Schedule user who wishes to submit online requests. You can also receive notification when an OEC deletes an organization from the list of Organizations they are authorized to submit request for. To turn these notifications on, click on the Account Setup tab in Facility Schedule. Hover your mouse over the Shortcuts menu and select Manage E-Mail Notifications. Scroll down to the Administrator section and check the boxes for the emails you want to turn on. Click Submit to save.