Using the Calendar
The Calendar allows you to view events that have been Submitted, Approved, and Canceled. You have the ability to select different calendar views, such as month, week, day, or room view.
All events will be displayed on the calendar for Administrators, Site Administrators, and Service Providers. For those who allow internal requesters to submit requests on the MySchoolBuilding page or use CommunityUse for external requesters, you have the ability to mark events as "Private" to hide the event details.
If you would like to enter holidays and closures to the Event Calendar, you will need to add them as Organization Events. Having this information on the calendar is beneficial, because the system will look for Organization Events when it checks for schedule conflicts.
How to Access the Calendar
- Click on the Calendar tab at the top of the page. The default calendar view is for the current month.
- To the right side of the page, you can sort the calendar view according to Area, Location, Building, Room, etc. The more specific the selections, the more your calendar view will be filtered. *Note: If the calendar is blank, select Organization Wide or a Location name from the Location drop down and click Refresh Calendar. The Organization Wide option will not be available if you have over 2,000 events for one month.
- To view a different month, select from the Month/Year drop down boxes to the left side of the screen.
- Click Refresh Calendar after your selections are made. Event titles will then be displayed on the calendar. You can click on the title to view the Event Details.
- Different colored symbols are shown beside each event title. There is a Legend at the bottom of the screen that indicates what each of these represent.
- If you would like to change the calendar view to the Week, Day, or Room View, hover your mouse over the Shortcuts menu toward the top of the screen and select the view that you would like to see.
How to Print the Calendar
- After you filter the calendar view, click on the Print This printer icon on the left side of the page.
- Step 1: Select a Saved Report from the list, if you have any available.
- Step 2: Identify the Reporting Period by either choosing a predefined date range from the drop down list or entering custom start and end dates.
- Steps 3 through 9: Make changes to your filter selections if necessary.
- Step 10: Select the type of report. The Summary Report is the most commonly selected.
- Step 11: Select the box next to Print Event Tasks if you would like the maintenance service descriptions displayed on the report.
- Step 12: You will be able to select the box next to Print Rooms only if the Calendar Report was selected in Step 2 (or Weekly Report if you are looking at the Week View calendar).
- Step 13: Select PDF or HTML for your print format.
- Step 14: Enter a Custom Report Title if you are planning to save this report criteria for future use. If you want to save this as a Saved Action, click Print and Save. If not, click Print. A print preview screen will appear that you can then send to your printer.