The Questions feature is an information gathering tool that allows you to add your own questions to the schedule request form. It helps to clarify more specific information that may be needed for an event. Here are a few examples of questions:
- Will admission be charged for this event?
- What is the age range of the attendees?
- Will food be served at the event?
How to Add a Question
Watch the Video Tutorial:
- In the Actions menu click on the Add link, then click on Questions.
- Add the Question Name. The question name will show on reports.
- Enter the Question Text. This will be the question that appears on the schedule.
- Determine whether or not the question will be a Required field.
- Select a Question Type (Yes/No buttons or a Free Text response).
- Default Value: This setting applies to both Question Types.
Yes/No Question Type- You can set the default response to either "Yes" or "No" to appear on the schedule request form. This response can be changed by the requester when entering a schedule. *Note: A best practice suggestion is to leave this on No Default. This will force the requester to select one of the two options instead of having one of them preselected.
Free Text Question Type - Setting a Default Value for this option will allow the default response to automatically show on the schedule as the answer. *Note: If a requester does not change this text, it will stay in place and meet the "required" field validation. A best practice suggestion is to leave this field blank to force the requester to enter their own text.
Once you click on Add Question, an availability menu will display. Choose the applications (FSDirect, MySchoolBuilding, and CommunityUse) in which you would like the Questions to appear.
- Click Activate Questions when you are ready to display it on the schedule request form. *Note: Once you activate a question you will not be able to edit or delete it. It is highly recommended that you review your questions before activation.
- Once a question has been activated, it will be listed on the schedule request form in the Additional Information section.
How to Disable a Question
You have the ability to disable a question if you no longer want to display it.
- From the Actions menu click on List, then click on Questions.
- Click on the Name of the question.
- Uncheck the box next to the appropriate product and then click Save.
How to Arrange or Reorder Questions
You can arrange questions in a specific order. This allows you to determine how you would like them to appear in FSDirect, MySchoolBuilding, and CommunityUse if you own it. The question order can be different on all three forms. The questions will appear in reports in the order in which they are displayed in FSDirect.
- In the Actions menu click on List, then click on Questions.
- Hover over the Shortcuts menu and click on the Order Questions link.
- Select the product from the Select Application drop down menu.
- Click on the arrows beside Top, Up, Down, or Bottom to change the order in which the questions will be displayed.
- Click Save to update.
Activating Questions on the MySchoolBuilding and CommunityUse pages
If you want Questions to be visible on the MySchoolBuilding request page and the CommunityUse page, you will need to turn this feature on from the MySchoolBuilding and CommunityUse Setup pages.
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Hover over the Shortcuts menu and click on Setup MySchoolBuilding.
- Select Yes or No next to Show Questions?
- Click the Order Questions link to reorder the questions if needed.
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Hover over the Shortcuts menu and click on Setup CommunityUse.
- Select Yes or No next to Show Questions to Organization Event Coordinators when Requesting schedules?
- Click the Order Question link to reorder the questions if needed.