M&V Cost Avoidance and the IPMVP
There are, however, important differences between Cost Avoidance and the Normalization feature in UtilityTrac Plus.
Although UtilityTrac Plus's normalized charts and reports enable comparisons of meter and building usage on more of an “apples-to-apples” basis due to calendarization and weather adjustments, normalization falls far short of IPMVP-compliant M&V. Here are some important M&V features that are available only in UtilityTrac Plus's Cost Avoidance module:
- Special adjustments to baseline -- independent variables other than degree days requiring adjustment to today’s conditions (floor area, new equipment, occupancy, etc).
- “No loss/no gain” treatment of missing bills, new accounts, inactive accounts.
- Fuel switch and dual fuel scenarios.
- Calculation of cost avoidance -- valuation of avoided usage using today’s pricing.
- “Tuning” of weather regression results (selection of the best balance point temperature for each meter, removal of statistical outlier months).
- Manual calculation of savings when needed due to unique circumstances.
- Meter-by-meter configuration of baseline period and savings start date.