Before you can enter any bills, an account and its related meter need to be created in EnergyCAP. This is done at the same time using the Account/Meter Wizard.
*Note: Before setting up an account, obtain a copy of a typical bill from the account vendor. The bill will provide information necessary for setting up the account.
To Add an Account and its Meter(s)
- Click on Accounts from the Main Menu.
- From Accounts, click the add button at the bottom left of the tree.
- The Account/Meter wizard will start, leading you through the setup process. There are extensive Helps throughout the wizard.
- EnergyCAP uses the vendor and rate code assignments to set up automatic benchmark groups in Groups & Benchmarking. These are extremely useful in spotting abnormal buildings, meters, and bills.
- Upon completing the Account/Meter wizard, you can now enter a utility bill. There are two options for starting this process:
- Go to Bill Processing and use the "Enter Bills" option. This is the quickest way to add multiple bills for one or more accounts.
- In Accounts, go to the Bills tab for the account you just created and click the "+ Add Bill" button. The bill entry window will open, populated with this account number, and allow you to enter one bill at a time.