Back to UtilityDirect Main Menu
UtilityDirect Home Page
Logging into UtilityDirect
*Note: If your organization is using SSO (single sign on) for user authentication, your login experience may be different. If you are having difficulty logging in using SSO or you are unsure whether your organization utilizes SSO for their Brightly products, please contact your technology help desk for assistance.
- Open your web browser and type ud.schooldude.com into the address bar and hit the Enter key. Bookmark this page or create a shortcut on your desktop to make it easy to come back to this page later.
- On the Account Login screen, enter your Login Name and your Password.
- If needed, click on the eye icon ( ) to view the text you have entered in the Password field.
- Make sure that UtilityDirect is selected in the Go To box.
- Click Sign In.
- If you have forgotten your login information, click the Forgot Login Name or Password? link under the Sign In button.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Click Forgot Login Name? to have your login name emailed to you.
- Click Forgot Password? to have an email sent to you with instructions to reset your password.
- If you need additional assistance logging in, see our Login Help page.
UtilityDirect Home Page
The elements of the UtilityDirect Home Page will vary for each user role, although the basic layout will be the same. Here are some highlighted sections of the Administrator page:
My Account Link
- Click on the My Account link to go to your personal information page, where you can change your password or update your information.
- The Application Links drop down box is also in this section. If you are a user in multiple SchoolDude applications, you can select the application from the list to jump between the different programs.
- Click the Logout link in the far right corner of the page to exit the system.
Home Page Banner
- The tabs at the top of the screen help you navigate to important areas of the application.
- Home - Takes you to the UtilityDirect home page.
- Enter Bills - Where you can enter your organization's utility bills into UtilityDirect.
- Account Setup - Where you can set up certain aspects of your account. This tab is only available to Administrators.
- MyDude - Where you can access content within the Dude Solutions Community.
- The Search For box under the Home tab can be used to find a specific Bill Account. Enter a Bill Account Number, Building, or Provider in the Search For box to find specific Bill Accounts to edit and/or enter billing data.
- The Advanced Search link takes you to a more advanced search form where you can select multiple criteria to find the bill data you are looking for.
- The Services link on the far right takes you to a page that outlines our SchoolDude services.
- The Help link will take you to a page that lists ways to contact our Support team.
- The Actions menu contains links to Add information to your account, List the current fields, and run Reports.
Fiscal Year to Date Utility Summary
- This center section shows you a snapshot of your organization's utility costs and usage by Fiscal Year.
- Compare two Year-To-Date Fiscal Years from the beginning of the Fiscal Year through the current month, allowing you to see where you are now compared with where you were this time during that year.
Home Page Graphs
- Change the drop down menus in the center sections to quickly compare two entire Fiscal Years side by side.
- You can compare Utility Types on an overall, per square foot, or monthly basis.
- You can also export these charts to download the images to use for presentations.
- If any Bill Alerts are triggered, they will appear in a list on your home page.
Information & Analysis
- This section has links to all of the important fields in UtilityDirect.
- Click on any of these links to add items to the account, see a list of active items, and run reports on them.
What's New and Special Notice
Keep an eye out for announcements in the What's New? and Special Notice sections on the left side of the home page. We'll post new product features, office closures, and more in these sections.