The Account Settings page is where you will set up your Base Fiscal Year for your account. This must be completed before you add your Bill Accounts into the system.
How to Set Up the Account Settings
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Click on the Account Settings link.
- The Organization Name and Address will automatically populate for you. The Organization Name can be edited and will be displayed in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Corrections to the address can also be made here.
- The Time Zone is populated based on your organization's address.
- IMPORTANT - The most important section of this page is the Base Fiscal Year field. This establishes how far back in time your organization would like to track utility bill data. This date sets the Years field throughout the application and how your Bill Entry screen is set up. *Note: Once this date has been set, it cannot be changed.
- In the first drop down box, select the Month in which your organization's fiscal year begins. For most organizations, this is July, September, or October.
- In the second drop down box, select the Year that your organization wants to begin tracking utility data. If you are just getting started with utility tracking, SchoolDude recommends entering data from the two previous fiscal years plus the current fiscal year. (Example - If your current fiscal year is July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017, you would set your Base Fiscal Year to July 2014.)
- Click Save.