Creating a Task
Tasks in Event Manager allow you to assign the work that needs to be done for events to the right people. To create a task:
- Click Tasks from the side navigation menu to open the task list.
- Click Add a Task to open the Create a Task window.
- Select the Status of the task you are adding. *Note: The task will default to the status of New.
- Enter a Task Name. This is the main way that you will distinguish tasks from each other in the task list.
- Enter a Task Description. This should be used to provide more detailed information that will give the task assignee the specific instructions for the task. *Note: There is a limit of 500 characters for this field.
- Select a task Type from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Priority for this task.
- Assign a user to this task by selecting their name from the Assign to dropdown menu. *Note: If you have selected a user as the default assignee for a specific task type, their name will autopopulate here, though the assignment can be changed.
- Select the Event this task is tied to if applicable.
- Select a Time and Date under Due Date for the task to be done by. *Note: If this task has been tied to an event, you have the option to set the task due date relative to the event start date.
- The Reminder will be set automatically based on your Task Settings, but can be easily adjusted or removed. *Note: In addition to the email reminder set here, the assignee will also receive an initial email notification informing them of the task being assigned to them.
- Enter the number of days or hours before the task is due for the email notification to go out.
- There are two Save options available:
- Click Save to finalize your changes.
- Click Save & Add to finalize your changes and begin creating a new task.