If you have purchased additional licenses for sites, you can configure and manage them under Site Management. This section controls general settings for your sites, including default time zone, layout, email settings, and availability of locations and categories. *Note: It is important to have a clear understanding of Locations and Categories before setting up and managing your Site Calendars.
To access the Site Management page:
- Click on the gear icon () to access the Site Administration settings page.
- Click on Site Management under Advanced Settings.
If you are logged in as a Tenant Administrator, clicking on the Site Management icon will bring you to the Manage Sites page where you can create a new site or manage your already existing sites. *Note: If you are a Site Administrator, you will only be able to edit your assigned Site.
- To create a new site, click Add new site and then proceed through the sections below.
- Enter the Name of the Site.
- Give the Site a brief Description. This will be displayed on the Calendar Directory page.
- The Route field defines the public facing URL (address) of your calendar site and is used by visitors to navigate directly to the application.
- For example, if you have a single site, your URL will likely resemble this: http://go.activecalendar.com/Route/.
- If you have multiple calendar sites, a non-tenant site route will appear as: http://go.activecalendar.com/TenantSiteRoute/site/Route.
- Using the image below, the Site's URL would be: http://go.activecalendar.com/YourTenantName/site/academics.
- Select the default Time Zone for your Site. The time zone selected here will be applied to events by default. *Note: Visitors viewing the site from other time zones will see an abbreviation that indicates the time zone for the event.
- Select the Region for your Site. The region selection controls how date and time related information is displayed.
- For example, selecting a region option of Germany would display date and time information as: DD/MM/YYYY 18:30. Selecting English (United States) would display date and time information as: MM/DD/YYYY 6:30 PM.
- Additionally, the region setting will change the Day of Week and Month to the selected regions language.
- Choose the default Layout for this calendar site. For more information about customizing layouts, see our Layouts page.
- In the Calendar Visibility drop down box, choose if this calendar should be publicly available, or visible only to authorized users.
- Public - Calendar will be available to all users, and visible to anyone.
- Private - Only visitors with a valid username and password will have access to view the calendar.
The Catalog settings allows you to control which categories and locations are available to event authors on this calendar site. The Aggregation settings determines how events are shared across (aggregated) multiple calendar sites.
- In the Category Scope drop down, select whether you would like to make Global categories, Site categories, or Both available for selection when creating an event on this site.
- In the Location Scope drop down, select whether you would like to make Global locations, Site locations, or Both available for selection when creating an event on this site.
- For the Event Aggregation setting, choose if this calendar site will display events from other calendar sites or just events from this site.
- Only display events created on or imported from this calendar - Selecting this option will display events created on or imported from this site calendar only.
- All public events from all public calendars - Selecting this option will display events all events from all public sites on this calendar.
- Specific calendar sites and global categories - Selecting this option will display two additional sections, a list of sites and a list of global categories.
Selecting only one site will automatically display all public events from that site on your calendar.
Selecting only one category will automatically display events from all sites which have been assigned that category.
Selecting both a site and a category will automatically display all events from that site which have been assigned that category.
Selecting multiple sites will automatically display all public events from all sites selected.
Selecting multiple categories will automatically display events from all sites which have been assigned to any of the selected categories.
Selecting multiple sites and categories will automatically display all events from any of the selected sites assigned to any of the selected categories.
- For the Aggregated Events Display Settings, choose how events created on other sites and aggregated for display on your site are managed. You can choose to review each event prior to it being displayed on your site, or have them displayed automatically.
- Off - This option only applies if you have selected, "Only display events created on or imported to this calendar site."
Display by Default - Aggregated events will be automatically displayed on your calendar site at the same time they are created on their origination site.
Review By Default - Aggregated events will be placed in a queue so that your system administrator can then choose which events to display or block from display on the site.
- Emails sent from the calendar application, both work flow emails and emails created by site visitors, will be sent from Event Manager using its default SMTP Server. If you would like to Configure a Custom SMTP, put a check in the box.
- If you choose to configure a custom SMTP, provide the SMTP Server name or identify and the SMTP Port number used for communications.
- If the SMTP requires authentication, check the SMTP Authentication checkbox and provide the User Name and Password information .
- If the SMTP requires SSL, check the Enable SSL checkbox to allow for encryption of email using SSL.
- In the Email From text field, specify an email address that all emails will come from. If this field is left blank, emails will come the default address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Email Display Name text field, enter the name that emails will be addressed from.
This setting allows you to control the use of https (Secure Browsing) when visitors access your calendar site.
- From the Required HTTPS/SSL Security Settings drop down choose either:
- SSL not required - Selecting this option will not redirect the user to https.
- SSL required for login page only - Selecting this option will redirect all traffic to your login page only to use https.
- SSL required for all pages - Selecting this option will redirect all traffic to use https.
- From the Imported events bypass prevent double booking rules drop down, select either:
- No, imported events will not double book a location - Imported events will come in as a Pending event and will require approval before showing on the calendar.
- Yes, imported events can double book a location - Imported events will come in as an Approved event and will automatically show on the calendar.
- The Map Service setting allows for you to display a map on the event details and location view pages. Two mapping service providers are supported, Google Maps and Mapbox. *Note: All "get directions" functionally is provided via Google Maps. When using Mapbox, the user will be taken to Google Maps for directions when they click the "get directions" link.
- If Google Maps is selected, you must provide the API key that Google gave you when you signed up for the service. *Note: Event Manager requires that your API key is authorized for Google Maps API V3.0 or higher. Additionally, Google API keys have a configuration option called "Referrers" which controls which websites your Google API Key is permitted to be used with. Be sure to add your calendar site's URL to the list of accepted Referrers.
- If Mapbox is selected, you must provide the API Access Token issued by Mapbox when you signed up for the service. *Note: To ensure full functionality of the Mapbox intergration, your access token will require the following scopes:
- Allow Public Event Submission - Check this box to allow users without assigned calendar roles to submit events for approval.
- Role Access - If you are allowing public visitors to submit requests, select the Role that will provide permissions for those users. Only Roles with Event Permissions can be used.
- Hide Calendar Sign-Up Forms - If this option is check, the form used for site visitors to create a visitor profile will be disabled.
- Display Category Color Coding - Check this box to display category color codes on the Summary, List, Grid, and Details Calendar views.
- Site Image - Upload an image to be displayed on the Calendar Directory page. *Note: The image will be displayed as a 280x200 pixel image and should have a 1.4:1 aspect ratio.
- Click Choose File to browse for and select the image file.
- Click Save to add this Site to the account.
Modifying and Deleting Sites
To modify an existing Site:
- From the Site list, click on the Actions drop down next to the Site you would like to edit and select Edit.
- Make the necessary changes to the Site's information.
- Click Save.
To delete an existing Location:
- From the Site list, click on the Actions drop down next to the Site you would like to delete and select Delete.