Adding and Managing Organizations
In Event Manager, Organizations are internal or external groups that will use your facilities for an event.
To access the Organization page:
- Click on Settings from the side navigation menu.
- Click on the Organization tile under Global Administration.
Creating Organization Types
Organization Types are used to group or categorize an organization. *Note: If you already have an organization structure or fee structure in place, we recommend matching the organization types to that structure.
Creating Organization Types
- Click on Settings. This will take you to your list of Organization Types.
- To add a new Organization Type, click Add a Type.
- Enter the Organization Type Name.
- Click Save.
Navigating the Organization Type List
Once you have added Organization Types to your list, you have a few navigation options available.
- Active: Use this toggle to make an organization type active or inactive.
- Edit: Click Edit to change the name of the Organization Type.
- Delete: Click Delete to remove the Organization Type from the list.
- Click Back to Organization to access the Organization page.
Adding an Organization
- To begin adding an organization, click Create an Organization.
- Enter the Organization Name. *Note: All required fields are indicated with an asterisk.
- Enter a Description for the organization. *Note: There is a character limit of 500 characters.
- Enter the organization's address information under Address 1, Address 2, City, State, and Zip.
- Enter the organization's Website, if applicable.
Provide any financial information that is relevant for the organization.
- Select an Organization Type.
- Select the Payment Type.
- Select the Invoice Type.
- Enter the organization's FEIN (Federal Tax ID), if applicable.
- Do not allow rental of locations: If this box is checked, this organization will be removed from the selection list on the event form.
- You can enter the organization's insurance information, if relevant, in the Insurance Company, Policy Number, Coverage Amount, and Coverage Expiration fields.
The Members section of an Organization allows you to manage the list of people who are tied to this organization.
- To add a user to an organization, click Add a Member.
- Start typing a user's name in the search field to filter the results of the drop down menu.
- Click the name of the user you wish to add as a member. Repeat this process for any additional members who should be added to this organization.
- Click Add to finish adding users to the list of members of this organization.
- A member can be made the Leader of this organization by checking the Leader box.
Leaders are used to represent the main point(s) of contact for an organization. When you approve, remove, or deny another member of an organization, the leader receives an email notification. You also have the option to use the Leader's contact information on the Organization's Event Form.
- To remove a member of this organization, click Remove. *Note: This will remove the user from membership and they will no longer be able to create events for this organization.
- Click Submit to save the new organization's information.
Managing the Organization List
As your organization list grows, the tools used to find, edit, and remove those organizations become more important.
- To find an organization from your list, begin to type its name in the Enter search terms text field. The organization list will filter automatically to match the text as you type.
- Click Edit to make any necessary changes on the Organization Details screen.
- Click Archive when an organization is no longer relevant or if you do not want the organization to show up on the Organization list or Event Form. *Note: Click View Archived Organizations to view or restore an organization to the list.