Adding and Managing Fixed Assets
How to Add a New Fixed Asset
- Click the Add button at the top right corner of the screen and select Fixed Asset from the drop down menu.
- Select the Department the asset belongs to in the drop down menu.
- Use the Location Picker () to choose a location for the new asset.
- Add a brief Description of the asset.
- Choose a Category and Subcategory for the asset from the pick lists.
- Select an Account/Budget Code if applicable.
- Enter as much additional detail as possible about the asset in the available fields on the New Fixed Asset form.
- If the asset is owned by a resident, check the Resident owned check box.
- If the asset can be reserved, check the Can be reserved check box. *Note: TWH Room Bookings module is required to use this feature.
- Click Save.
- Once you click Save, new fields will appear on the Asset Info page which can be completed as necessary.
- Enter the Barcode # if applicable.
Expand the Asset panels by clicking on the panel title and enter any information needed.
How to Duplicate a Fixed Asset
- Search for the asset you would like to duplicate by clicking the Search tab () and selecting Assets.
- Enter the details of the asset in the search fields and click Search Now.
- Click on the asset description shown in the search results to open that asset record.
- Click the Open in Tab button to open the asset in a Smart Tab at the top of the screen.
- Exit the window and click on the Fixed Asset Smart Tab.
- Click on the down arrow beside the New Asset button and select Duplicate Asset in the drop down menu.
Make any adjustments required to make this new asset unique, then click Save. *Note: Modifications typically include the Location and Serial #. When adding multiples of the same item to the same room, just adjust the Serial #.
Linking a Fixed Asset to a Work Order
- Click and expand the Asset panel at the bottom of the work order.
- Enter a keyword in the Simple Search field at the top right of the Asset panel to narrow down the assets list.
- Check the box next to the asset(s) you want, then click Link Selected to link the asset(s) to the work order.
Linking Safety Notes
Linking safety notes to assets ensures that every work order linked to that asset will show the asset safety notes. *Note: You must add Safety Notes to your WorxHub account prior to linking them to either assets or work orders.
- Open the Safety Notes panel of any asset or work order.
- Check the box next to the Safety Note Description.
- Click Link Selected Notes.
Each time a work order is linked to an asset with safety notes, the safety notes display on the work order, on the work order print out, and inside Mobile Worx.
Capital Planning gives you a simple way to forecast asset replacement costs and ensures you have enough money in reserve to meet your replacement requirements. It's very common that similar or identical assets purchased at the same time can be expected to have a similar lifespan. Part of the capital planning process is to periodically assess the age and condition of assets and estimate how much longer they will last. Batch Assessments allows you to apply an identical assessment to many assets at once, thus updating your replacement schedule with minimal effort. *Note: Capital Planning is an add-on application for TheWorxHub. Capital Planning must be active to make use of Batch Assessments. Contact your sales representative to inquire about Capital Planning if your organization currently does not have access to it.
Applying a Batch Assessment
- Click the Actions Tab ().
- Make sure the Batch Edit Assets tab is selected.
- Click the search icon () to open the Select Assets window.
- Check the box next to each asset that is needed and click Select Assets.
- For Choose Details to Update, select Condition Assessment.
- Enter the Assessment Details:
- Date- Select the date of the assessment.
- Assessed By- Select the employee who completed the assessment.
- Reason- Select the reason why this assessment was completed from the available pick list.
- Condition- Select the condition of the asset(s).
- Replace Cost- Enter the cost to replace the asset on the assessment date.
- Additional Cost- Enter any additional cost.
- Remaining Life- Enter the number of years the asset will remain in service from the assessment date.
- Click the Batch Edit Selected Assets button.