Adding Inventory Items
You can add Inventory items to your WorxHub account to associate to work orders.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Add Inventory Items
To add a new Inventory Item:
- Click Add at the top of your screen, then select Inventory Item.
- Enter a Part Description. This will serve as the identifier in the list of all inventory items.
- Enter an Internal Part #.
- Select a Category and Subcategory from the pick lists.
- Select an Application from the Order Responsibility drop down menu.
- Enter any additional information needed in the Details field.
- If you would like the system to keep track of items that need to be reordered, check the box underneath Reorder.
- Enter an Order Level. This is the threshold below which TheWorxHub will identify this item as needing to be reordered.
- Enter an Order Qty to tell TheWorxHub how many units should be ordered at a time.
- If applicable, select the GL Code associated with this item from the pick list.
- Click Save.
- Once you click Save, you can begin entering storage and quantity information for the inventory item by clicking Add storage location.
- In the pop-up window, use the Storage Location search field to either type and select the name of the location, or click the Location Picker () to select the appropriate location from the list.
- Select the applicable Bin/Shelf from the pick list, then click Save.
- Click the Adjust link to the right of the Storage Location record to open the Adjust Inventory pop-up window.
- Enter the current on-hand quantity in the New On Hand field, and type a Reason for Quantity Adjustment, such as "Initial On Hand Count".
- Enter the part cost in the New Unit Cost field, and type a Reason for Value Adjustment, such as "Initial Price Listing".
- Click Save.
- Click on Suppliers to expand that panel. To learn more, see Adding Suppliers.
- Double-click on the Supplier field to select an option from the pick list.
- Click on the SKU text box and enter the SKU number associated with the part.
- Click on the Price field to enter that supplier's price for the item.
- If necessary, edit the UOM (Unit of Measure) and Qty/UOM (Quantity per Unit of Measure) for this supplier by clicking on those fields.
- Click on Attachments to expand this panel.
- Click on Choose a File, then select one of the uploading options:
- From Computer - Browse your computer to find and select the file.
- From the Web (URL) - Enter the URL, then click OK.
- From Dropbox - After logging in to your Dropbox account, find and select the file.
- Enter any necessary Notes, then click Upload.
- Click on Log to expand this panel. In this section, you can view any changes or additions made to the template such as status changes, notes, or comments.
- To add a note to the Log, click on New Note.
- Enter the details of the note in the text field, then click Save.
You can also add inventory items by utilizing the Add Ad-Hoc Item feature on a purchase order. See Adding Purchase Orders for more information on this feature.