Work Queues allow you to route incidents to a group of people. Once routed to the group, anyone belonging to that work queue is able to assign the incident to themselves or anyone else. (Examples: Help Desk, Network Team, Software Team)
How to Add a New Work Queue
- Click on the Add link in the Actions Menu.
- Click on Work Queues.
- Enter a Description for the Work Queue and make sure it is marked as Active.
- In the Assigned To section, click on the +Add Assigned To link to add users to this work queue.
- In the pop up window that appears, select the users that will be assigned to this work queue and click OK.
- Click Add/Update Record to save.
- Once the work queue is saved, you can set up automatic routing for it at the bottom of the page. For more information about setting up automatic routing rules, see Automatic Routing.