How to Set Up the MyFacilityDude page
- Click on the Account Setup tab.
- Click on the MyFacilityDude Setup Wizard link.
- Use the links in the Quick Navigation section to access each setup step. Click the Save/Next Step button on each page to save your selections.
MyFacilityDude Setup Steps
- Adding your Logo gives you a way to personalize the IT request page. Choose the image file from your computer (must be 150 x 50 pixels) and click Add/Update Logo. *Note: If you have already added your logo in Incident, it will automatically carry over to the IT Request tab on the MyFacilityDude page.
- Select a predefined Introduction Paragraph or create your own to provide instructions for requesters to follow. It will be displayed under the Request Form Title.
- Your Web Site URL and Hyperlink Name- Enter the organization's url and website name to provide requesters with an easy way to return to your organization's homepage.
- Incident Form Title - Enter a title for the top of the request form.
- Show Assigned To - This will allow the requester to see which user has been assigned to the incident.
- Show Tag Number and Is Tag Number a required field - You can choose to provide a open text field where the user can provide the tag number of the asset. You can also choose to make this a required field.
- Show Attach New File - This allows requesters to attach a maximum of 2 files with a size of 3MB or less per file to their incident request.
- Is Phone Number a required field - You can opt to make the requester's phone number required.
- Is Area/Room Number a required field - You can opt to make the Area/Room Number field required.
- Hide Requested Completion Date - Choose if you would like the requesters to have the option to select a completion date for their request.
- Select the format for Problem Types - Select Icons or Combo List.
- Show Bldg./Unit and Is Bldg./Unit a required field - If you are not using Bldg./Unit codes in Incident, do not show Bldg./Units on the MFD page.
- Show Time Available for Maintenance field and Is Time Available for Maintenance a required field - This option provides an open text field where the requester can specify the best time for a technician to assist them.
- Creating an Emergency Contact List is a way to provide your requesters with a list of emergency contact names and numbers. If you do not want requesters to have the option to identify an incident as an emergency, you can hide this information by putting a check in the box next to Hide Incident Emergency checkbox and Emergency Contact list. The emergency contacts will still appear under the Help tab of the requester page.
- Administrators can populate the Requester List one at a time by entering a requester's first name, last name, and email address.
Budget Codes for Requester
- If you would like your requesters to select a Budget Code on the request form, you can activate that entry field and also select if it is required or not. You can also select the DefaultBudget Code that will automatically populate on the request form. Select the other budget codes that you want to make available by checking the boxes under Use in MFD.
Purpose Codes for Requester
- If you would like your requesters to select a Purpose Code on the request form, you can activate that entry field and also select if it is required or not. You can also select the DefaultPurpose Code that will automatically populate on the request form. Select the other purpose codes that you want to make available by checking the boxes under Use in MFD.
- Click on the grey thumbs down icon next to the Questionnaire that you would like to turn on. This will change the icon to a yellow thumbs up and the Questionnaire will now be visible on the MyFacilityDude requester page.
View your MyFacilityDude link
- The link provided is one that your requesters can use to access the online incident request form. *Note: This link can be embedded into your organization's homepage for easy access to the MyFacilityDude page.