The Work Order Summary 2 Report is a great report to run. Almost any information you are looking for can be found in this report. It gives a nice breakdown of each work order that meets your report criteria: the status, the current "assign to", the requester, the days aged, labor hours, and total costs accrued. Depending on how you sort your results, you will get a total for each "grouping" and then a grand total for all the work orders combined.
How to Run the Work Order Summary 2 Report
- Click on Report in the Actions menu, and then click on Work Order.
- In Step 1, identify the Reporting Period by either choosing a predefined date range from the drop down list or entering custom begin and end dates.
- In Step 2, Choose the type of reporting date that the reporting period selected in Step 1 should reflect. For example, if you choose Last Month in Step 1 and Request Date in Step 2, the report will only include work orders that were requested last month. If you choose Last Month in Step 1 and Completion Date in Step 2, the report will only include work orders that were marked complete last month even if they were requested months ago.
- Use Steps 3 through 20 to narrow down the report by specific Locations, Crafts, Purpose Codes, etc.
- Choose a Report Type for viewing. We are looking at the Work Order Summary 2 in this example. Each report type has a different look and contains varying levels of detail. *Note: In the drop down box next to the report type, choose how you would like the report results to be sorted or grouped.
- Select the Report Format (PDF or Excel). If you choose the Excel output format, you will be able to create your own tables and graphs from the data using the Pivot Chart feature of Excel.
- Click Print This to run this report and open a print preview of it. Work Order reports can also be saved and scheduled as Saved Actions. To use this feature, type a Report Title in step 23 and click Save and Print This.