Entering a New Work Order
*Note: Fields that are marked with a red checkmark () are required fields.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
- Click on the New Work Order tab.
- In the Status drop down box, choose New Request. *Note: If entering a work order that is already in progress or has been completed, you can choose the appropriate status.
- From the Priority drop down box, select the appropriate priority.
- Identify where the work needs to be done by choosing the Location.
- If your organization utilizes the Building field, select one from the drop down box.
- If applicable, choose the general Area type that best fits the location of the work request.
- Enter the specific area in the Area Number field if applicable. (The Area Number field is alphanumeric and is where you can enter specific room names or numbers.)
- The Request Date will automatically populate with today's date. *Note: If entering a work order that has already been completed, this date can be changed to the date of the actual request.
- Checking the Emergency? check box along with setting the Priority to Emergency, will make this work order appear in the Work Center section of the homepage as an emergency work order.
- Enter the complete Request Description in the open text box.
- Identify the name of the requester in the Contact Info section. If the requester's name does not appear in the drop down list, choose OTHER and enter the requester's first name, last name, and email address. *Note: This will add the contact as a requester.
- As an Administrator or Supervisor, you can either directly assign a work order to yourself or to another user in the Assigned To drop down box or you can leave the drop down box empty for the work order to follow automatic routing rules.
- Fill in the Target Start Date, Requested Completion Date, Target Completion, Estimated Costs, and Estimated Hours. *Note: These are all optional fields.
- Choose the Purpose Code that best describes why the work order is being requested.
- Select the appropriate Craft to identify what type of work is being requested.
- If your organization is utilizing Budget Codes, the Custom Category, Projects, Equipment, or Classifications and Types, identify any of the codes by clicking on the drop down boxes.
- Click Save. The work order will now be assigned a work order ID number.