Project Codes are designed to give you a way to group together multiple work orders under a common project. Assigning a Project Code to each work order associated with a project allows you to easily run reports and searches on them. You can quickly see the number of work orders associated with a project, total labor hours, and material costs.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Create Project Codes
- Click on the Add link under the Actions Menu.
- Click on the Project link.
- Enter the Project Code and Project Description.
- Identify if the project is Budgeted.
- Enter the project's Open and Close Date. *Note: Once the project's Close Date has passed, it can no longer be added to additional work orders.
- Click Add/Update Record to save.
- Once a project has been established, the Add/Update Project screen will display the Total Project Cost for Calendar YTD, as well as the Fiscal YTD.
How to Edit or Delete a Project Code
- To edit an existing Project Code, click on the project code name from the list. Edit the necessary field(s) and click the Add/Update Record button to save.
- To delete a project code that has never been used, click on the project name from the list and click the Delete button. *Note: A project code that has been selected on work orders cannot be deleted until you have removed the project code from all work orders that is has been associated with.