Fiscal Year Update
Keeping your fiscal year dates current in your account provides you with several options in the period drop-down boxes available on your homepage pie chart, reports, and searches, such as: fiscal year, fiscal year quarters, fiscal year ending 2016, 2017, etc. These allow you to quickly select a date range for your report, without having to type the dates each time.
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Start a New Fiscal Year
- You can access the fiscal year change screen by clicking the link provided in the stop sign graphic on your homepage. This will appear a few days before your fiscal year end.
- Enter your Start Date and End Date
- If you are using Budget Codes, then you will want to decide whether or not you are going to check the Copy budget monies into the new year checkbox.
- Unchecked: If you uncheck the box; your fiscal year will be started, the amount spent in that budget will be archived (displayed on the Add/Update Budget Code screen), and the budget monies for all Budget Codes will be reset to $0.
- Checked: If you check the box; your fiscal year will be started, the amount spent in that budget will be archived (displayed on the Add/Update Budget Code screen), and the new budgeted monies for each code will be the available monies from the previous fiscal year. *Note: If you elect to copy budget amounts, you can edit the copied budget amounts later under the Add/Update Budget Codes page.
Click Start New Fiscal Year Now at the bottom
Benefits of Updating your Fiscal Year
- Your totals by Fiscal Year now represent the current year. This affects areas such as the Fiscal Year Counts by Status on the Home tab.
- You can generate Fiscal Year Comparison reports to monitor and compare past Fiscal Years with the current year.
- Date range filters for current and past fiscal years will become active.