Task Books allow you to enter tasks and procedures for common reactive and routine maintenance so you can easily add them to work orders or schedules.
Creating a New Task Book
- To add a task book, click on the Admin tab and select Task Books.
- Click on the New button.
- On the New Task Book screen enter a Title for your Task Book, such as HVAC Inspection, Filter Change, etc. This will describe the overall work that is being done.
- Under Tasks and Procedures, you will enter in the specific tasks to be done.
- Enter a title for the task on the blank space beside the task number to give an overall idea of what the task will be.
- On the Procedure line below this, go into detail about the task to tell the worker exactly what needs to be done.
- By default, there are only 5 tasks listed. To add more tasks to your Task Book, click on the Add Tasks button.
- Once your Tasks and Procedures are entered, click Save.
Editing a Task Book
- You can edit the tasks and procedures in an existing Task Book by opening the Task Book, clicking in the field you want to change, and typing in your changes. Click Save at the bottom of the page. These changes will apply to any schedule linked to the Task Book and will be seen on future work orders created by those schedules. *Note: If a Task Book is edited, you will see the date and time that it was last updated at the top of the Tasks and Procedures list.
- To delete a task, click on the trash can icon next to it.
- If a task is edited or deleted from a Task Book, this will not affect any existing work orders using that Task Book as the original tasks will still be listed on them.
Deleting a Task Book
- To delete a Task Book, click on the name of the Task Book you would like to delete.
- Click the red Delete link at the bottom of your tasks to delete the selected Task Book.
Disassociating a Task Book from a Schedule
If a Task Book has been linked to a schedule, you will need to disassociate it from the schedule before you can delete the Task Book.
- To disassociate a task book from a schedule, access the schedule that the Task Book is linked to.
- Scroll down to the Tasks section.
- Click on Select a Task Book.
- You have the option to link another Task Book to your schedule or copy a different Task Book to it.
- Click on the magnifying glass to select a new Task Book.
- After selecting your Task Book, click OK.
- If you select to Copy this Task Book into this Schedule, make sure to select Replace and click OK. This will remove the original Task Book from this schedule so you will then be able to delete it.
- If you select to Link this Task Book to the Schedule, it will overwrite the existing information in the task list with the information from the new Task Book. This will disassociate the original Task Book from the schedule so that you can then delete the Task Book.