Entering material purchases in Maintenance Manager allows you to track the material costs of a work order.
How to Enter Purchase Transactions
- On an existing work order, click on the Transactions tab to the right of the work order form.
- In the Transactions section, click on Add Transaction and select Purchase.
- Enter a brief description of the Item Purchased.
- Identify the Quantity purchased.
- In the Unit Cost field, enter the cost per unit. *Note: Entering a Quantity and a Unit Cost will automatically calculate your Total Cost.
- Enter the PO # if applicable.
- Type in the name of the Supplier. As you begin typing a predefined list of suppliers will begin to populate. If you see your Supplier already listed, click on the name. If the Supplier is not listed, click on the option for New Supplier. *Note: Clicking New Supplier will add the Supplier to the existing list going forward.
- The Purchased By field will default to the name of the user that is currently logged in. *Note: You can select a different name to document purchase transactions made by another employee by clicking on the magnifying glass.
- Enter a Date for the Purchase Transaction.
- Click Save to save the transaction.
Editing and Deleting Purchase Transactions
- To edit or delete a Purchase Transaction on a work order, click on the Transaction Entry.
- The Purchase Entry page will load so you can edit the information. Click the Save button to save the changes.
- To delete the transaction, click the red Delete link at the bottom of the entry page.
- You will be asked to verify if you want to delete the transaction, click Yes.