Capital Forecast offers two different status choices to use when completing Needs: Complete and Closed. It is a personal preference which status you choose to use, as they both function the same way in the system. You can make edits or additions to a Need that has been marked as Complete or Closed, but you will not be able to change the status of those Needs.
How to Change the Status of a Need
If you need to change the status of a Need, including marking it Complete or Closed, you can do so from the Update Need form.
- If you know the Need ID, use the Search for box to enter the ID number and open the Need.
- Under the Details section, select the appropriate status from the Status drop down list.
- Click Save.
- If you do not know the Need ID, click on the Needs tab at the top of the page.
- Use the Location, Bldg./Unit, System, and Description filters to look up your Need.
- Click on the Need IDto access the Update Need form and change the status.