Asset Essentials allows you to associate parts to a work order. This helps track on-hand quantities of parts as they are used in your maintenance program. You can add Parts to a work order using the Work Order Summary page or you can enter multiple Parts on multiple work orders by using the WO Parts page.
Adding Parts to a Work Order
- Click on the Work Orders menu icon, then select Work Orders.
- Right-click on a Work Order record and select Edit Part Entries.
- In the New section at the bottom of the page you will see five rows to enter Parts for the Work Order.
- Click the Add button and then choose from the following options:
- Parts - This will bring up the Select Part window. Once you select a part(s), this will add a part entry in the New section with the part's information.
- All Location/Asset/Site Parts - This menu option will vary depending on the Source Type of the work order. Choosing this option will add any parts associated with the work order's Location/Asset/Site.
- All PM/PdM Parts - This will add any parts associated with the PM/PdM schedule that generated the work order.
- Quick Part Entries - This will add five additional blank part entry rows to the New section.
- Non-Inv Items - This will add five part entry rows in the New section with the Part # listed as "Non-Inv."
- Fill out the remaining fields on the part entry.
- Click Save at the top of the page. Any part entries entered in the New section will now appear in the Added section.