Accessing and Downloading the Report Designer
The Report Designer is a tool that allows you to customize reports and forms generated by Asset Essentials. *Note: Only clients with Asset Essentials Enterprise have access to the Report Designer Tool. If you are interested in accessing Asset Essentials Enterprise features, please contact your Implementation Specialist or your Sales Representative.
Accessing the Report Designer
The Report Designer can either be used from within the Asset Essentials web application or as a downloadable desktop program on your computer. Both offer the same functionality, however, when using the desktop version of Report Designer, reports must be downloaded from Asset Essentials, customized in the desktop application, then uploaded back into Asset Essentials.
- Click on the Admin menu icon, then select Configurations.
- Under the Misc section, select Reports.
- To launch the Report Designer in your web browser, right-click a report and select the Design option.
- To use the desktop version of the Report Designer, click the Designer button.
- Follow the prompts to install the Report Designer application on your computer.
- Open the Report Designer application after the installation is complete.