Watch the Video Tutorial:
- Click on the Admin menu icon and then click on Users.
- Click on the New button.
- Select the appropriate User Type for the user you are adding. There are 5 different User Types available to choose from:
- Administrator - Users that can be given access to everything in the account including Asset Essentials Enterprise Configurations. (User Role example: Global Administrator) *Note: Administrator users can only be added to Asset Essentials Enterprise accounts.
- Full User - Users that can be given access to everything in the account excluding Asset Essentials Enterprise Configurations. (User Role example: Account Administrator)
- Request Only - Users that only have access to create requests for work and view the requests they have made. (User Role example: Requester)
Specialty - Users that can enter maintenance requests, as well as view and edit PM work orders. (User Role example: Operator/TPM)
- Tracking Only - Users that do not have access to log into the system, but can have work assigned to them for tracking purposes. (User Role example: Contractors)
- Select the appropriate Role for this user. The list of user roles will be filtered to only show those that match the user type you selected.
- Enter any applicable information for the user you are adding, including First Name, Last Name, Site, Reports To,and Hourly Wage.
- Enter an email address or a mobile email address for the user in the Email field.
The Dude Says:
A user can have both an email address and a mobile email address separated by a semi-colon if they prefer to get email notifications as well as SMS notifications. For example, the Email field could show: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some of the most common carrier mobile email addresses:
- AT&T - email@example.com
- Boost Mobile - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellular One - email@example.com
- Comcast - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro PCS - email@example.com
- Sprint - firstname.lastname@example.org
- T-Mobile - email@example.com
- Tracfone - firstname.lastname@example.org
- US cellular - email@example.com
- Verizon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin Mobile - email@example.com
- Enter a Login name for this user.
- Enter a Password for the user. *Note: A valid password should be 6-20 characters in length and include each of the following: a capital letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a special character.
- If you are entering generic passwords for all users, check the box next to The user must change password at next login, which will prompt them to create their own personal password.
Crews allow you to group users that typically work together on the same work requests.
- Click on the Crew picker icon ().
- Check the box next to the appropriate Crew.
- Click Select.
- To adjust the Crew Index click on the arrow icon () to drag and drop the Crew to the appropriate location in the list. *Note: If a user is assigned to multiple Crews, you can designate a "primary crew". The user's "primary crew" is the first crew in the list and is the crew that will first display in the Crew column on the user summary page.
- Click on the name of the Crew to view it's details or click the trash can icon () to remove the user from the Crew.
Use this section to customize the default view of what this user will see on various pages in their account. For example, you can set the default view for Parts to either the "Parts Summary" or the "Parts to Reorder" view.
Use this section to select the Work Shift for this user.
- Set the Work Shift for this user by checking the boxes for specific days of the week and entering the Start Times and End Times. *Note: Only Asset Essentials Enterprise clients have the ability to create preset Work Shifts that can be applied to a user.
Use this section to add a photo of the user.
- Click on the Select Document/Image icon to either select an image from the Documents Library, or add an image from your computer.
- Click Save at the top of the screen to add this User to Asset Essentials.