Automating the Connector Tool
The Connector Tool has the ability to continually export or import your data to and from your account at set Intervals. *Note: Your computer must be on and not in sleep mode in order for the Connector Tool to continually export and import data.
Creating a Recurring Execution
- Check the Recurring execution box.
- Select the Start @ time and date.
- Select how often the job should be run in the Recurring every fields. This can be set to minutes, hours, or days.
- Click on File, then click Save. This will save a file to your computer that communicates with the Windows Task Scheduler on your computer and instructs it to perform the job based on your specifications.
- Click Run to start the first job. The Windows Task Scheduler will continue to run additional jobs after the first job completes.
- You should see the task listed in the Active Tasks section of the Windows Task Scheduler that matches the name of your save file. *Note: This view may vary depending on your version of Windows.
Setting up Notifications
*Note: This feature requires you to use your organization's own SMTP email server to send the email notifications. Contact your IT department for your SMTP server details.
- Click Tools and select Notification Settings.
- Check the Notify by Email box.
- Enter the Email Address notifications should be sent to.
- Customize the Email Subject if necessary.
- If you would like to have the log information sent to the email address, check the Attach logs box.
- The remainder of the fields require your SMTP server information. Please contact your IT department if need assistance obtaining these details.
- Click the Test email button to ensure that your settings are correct.
- Click OK.