Prior to canceling an invoice, you will want to be sure any payments that have been previously posted to the invoice are removed. Once you have done that, you can cancel the invoice, and, if applicable, post the payments to a new invoice.
How to Delete a Payment
- Click on the List link in the Actions Menu.
- Click the Payments link.
- You can sort the list in ascending or descending order by clicking on the gray box next to Invoice No.
- Click on the dollar amount under the Received Payments heading to access the Update Payment screen.
Click the Delete button at the bottom of the screen to remove the payment.
How to Cancel an Invoice
Once the payments have been deleted, you can proceed with canceling an invoice.
- Type the invoice number into the Search for box and click Go. This will take you to the Add/Update Invoice page.
- Change the Invoice Status to Cancel or Void.
- Scroll down the page and click on Submit to save.