Batch Invoice Generation
Manual batch invoicing is recommended over automatic invoice generation because it allows you more control over which events are included on the invoice. In manual batch invoicing, you are able to select a date range, whereas the automatic invoice option will only include events within the predefined Billing Period.
For example, if you are using the Automatic Invoice Generation feature set to Generate Invoices Daily and you have a schedule that has 20 dates, you will get one invoice for each individual event, totaling 20 separate invoices. The manual batch option allows you to define a specific date range so you can include more events on one invoice. *Note: If you want to use the automatic invoice generation option, we recommend setting it to the first day of the month, so all events for the previous month are included on one invoice.
How to Manually Batch Generate Invoices
Once you have added Facility Use Fees to your schedule, you can use the Manually Batch Generate Invoice option to copy the fees to the events and create the invoice at the same time. This feature can save you a lot of time, especially when invoicing schedules with a large number of events where manually copying the fees over may be too time consuming.
- Click on the Invoices link under the Information & Analysis section of the home page. (You can also click on the List link in the Actions menu and then click on Invoices.)
- Hover your mouse over the Shortcuts menu and click Manually Batch Generate Invoices.
- Select a Begin and End Date range as these are required fields. You can also batch generate invoices for a particular schedule ID, Organization, Location, Building, or Organization Type by selecting that information in the fields. Click Submit.
- Any schedule with Facility Use Fees that meets your filtered criteria will then have an invoice created for it. If there are multiple event dates on a schedule that fall within your selected date range, they will all be included on the same invoice.
- Batch invoices are created overnight and will be available the next morning.
How to Set the Automatic Invoice Generation Feature
Instead of manually batch generating the invoices, your FSDirect account can be set up so invoices are created automatically at an interval that is convenient for you. *Note: We generally recommend manually batch generating invoices rather than using the Automatic Invoice Generation feature as it gives you greater control over the invoices included in the batch.
Click on the Account Setup tab.
Hover your mouse over the Shortcuts menu and click on Generate Invoice On.
Select how often you would like the system to create invoices.
- Don't Generate Invoice - This is the default setting and indicates that this feature is turned off.
- Generate Invoice Daily - Creates a batch of invoices every day. *Note: This will put individual events dates from the same schedule on separate invoices.
- Generate Invoice on below day(s) of the Month - Select one or multiple date selections here. *Note: If you want to use the automatic invoice generation option, we recommend setting this to the first day of the month, so all events for the previous month are included on one invoice.
- Next Invoice Generate Date - Based on the frequency setting above and the last time an invoice was generated, this date tells you when you can expect the next batch of invoices.
- Generate Invoice x days ahead of the event date - This allows for easy billing of future events. If you set this to 30 days, then on the first of the month (or whichever Day(s) you selected as the frequency) you will get invoices for all events during the rest of the month.
Yes, create a separate invoice for each event is generally left unchecked. This option allows you to create a separate invoice for each event on a schedule. If there are 6 events in a month, you will get six invoices instead of all events combined into one monthly invoice.
- Yes, charge for cancelled events - This option automatically adds a cancellation charge to cancelled events. To use this feature, put a check mark in the box and enter the amount of the Cancellation Fees.
- Yes, send a notification - This will alert the recipient of the email that a batch of invoices has been generated. *Note: This email notification will be sent for all invoice batches that are automatically or manually generated.
Click Submit to update.
How to Print the Invoices
Once your invoice batch is generated, you can then print out the invoices, if needed.
From the Home page, click on Invoices under the Information & Analysis section.
Hover your mouse over the Shortcuts menu and then click on Print Batch.
Find and click on the Batch Number. This screen will also display the number of invoices that are contained in each batch.
- The next screen will display a listing of the invoices contained in the batch. Click on the printer icon next to the invoice number to print each invoice, one at a time.
- Click on Print Batch to print out all invoices contained in the batch at once.
- Once the print preview appears on your screen you can print or save the invoice(s).