Sale Item Settings
You can set up and manage information for items that will be added to events, such as registrations, tickets, and purchasable items. On the Sale Item Settings set up page, you can set:
- Categories - allows you to organize and categorize items you add to events.
- Fields - allows you to create a library of questions to collect information when a user purchases a product assigned to an event.
- Templates - allows for the creation of pre-configured items with set quantities, names, and information collection settings.
To access the Sale Item Settings setup page:
- Click on the gear icon () to access the Site Administration settings page.
- Click on Sale Item Settings under Calendar Settings.
Categories allow you to create an organized structure for items you add to events. You can add as many categories as you like.
To add a category:
- Click on the Add new category link.
- Enter the Category Name.
- Ensure that the Active check box is checked to make this category available for use.
- Click the Insert button. *Note: Once a category has been added, it cannot be deleted. You can however, disable a category at any time.
To disable a category:
- Click on the Edit link for the category.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox
- Click the Update button to save the change.
Fields offer a means of collecting additional information for items. A visitor is prompted to provide this information when they register for an event or add an item to their cart. It is important to note that Fields can be used for any item added to an event. Additionally, Fields are made available to all calendar sites in your Event Publisher account.
To create a new field:
- Click on Add new field.
- Enter the Display Name in the What Information do you need to collect? box.
- Check the box to Enable the field for event authors.
- Select the Response Type:
- Text: Selecting this field type will allow the visitor to type a text input response. This type is best suited when the response(s) that will be submitted will vary greatly and predefined responses may not be appropriate.
- Yes/No: Selecting this field type will present the visitor with a check box that they can check to indicate a "yes" or "no" response. It is important to note that this field is presented to the visitor as a single check box, not two separate yes or no check boxes. *Note: It is important that you phrase your "Display Name" in a manner that will encourage the visitor to select the checkbox for a "yes" response and leave the checkbox blank for a "no" response.
- Single Choice: Selecting this field type will allow the visitor to select a single response from a list of predefined values. This field type is unique in that it allows for you to specify the list of responses that will be available to the visitor. If you select Single Choice as the type you must specify the acceptable responses in the "Options" text box. This type is best suited when the response that will be generated should be limited to a predefined group of acceptable values and the visitor is only intended to select one item from the list of options.
- Multiple Choice: Selecting this field type will allow the visitor to select one or more response(s) from a list of predefined values. This field type is unique in that it allows for you to specify the list of responses that will be available to the visitor. If you select Multiple Choice as the type you must specify the acceptable responses in the "Options" text box. This type is best suited when the response that will be generated should be limited to a predefined group of acceptable values and the visitor should be able to select more than one item from the list of options.
- Click the Save button to create the new field.
Templates allow you to create pre-configured items with set quantities, names, and information collection settings. Templates can be used by any user creating events.
To create a new template:
- Click on the Add new template link.
- Enter the Product Name.
- Enter the Product Description.
- Select the Payment Type. You can select if the item is free, paid, or a donation.
- Choose whether the Product Type is a sale item or a registrant.
- If the Payment Type selected was paid, enter the Cost of each item.
- Enter the Quantity of the item available at each event.
- Choose the Product Category this item belongs to.
- Check the Locked option if you would like to prevent event authors from modifying this item when it is added to an event. *Note: Any modifications made to this item by event authors will be for a single event only. Authors can not modify the attributes of the product type globally from the Create an Event screen.
- Check the Active option to allow event authors to select this item when creating or modifying events.
- Item Questions
- Select the information you would like collected for this item by checking the box next to the Field Name. You can also make this field required by checking the box in the Required column.
- You can add a custom question for the item by selecting Add a Question. *Note: Questions added to the template will not be added to the global collection of fields.
- After making your field selections, use the up () or down () arrows to determine what order the information should be collected in.
- Under How much information do you need, choose whether you would like information collected for each individual item sold or if information should be collected only once per item.
- Click Insert to save the template.