Creating an unlisted event allows you to block time on the calendar for this event, while controlling who can see the event details.
Unlisted Events vs. Private Events
- Private events are only visible on the calendar to those users who are logged in, and who have been given the ability to view private events. A user can either be given permission to see all private events, or none.
- Unlisted events do not appear on the calendar. The only way to view the event details is to have access to the event URL. In this way, the ability to view the event details are handled on a per-event basis.
How to Create an Unlisted Event
- Click Create an Event at the top of the screen.
- Enter all event information as you normally would. Learn more about how to create an event.
- In the Event Details section, be sure to check the box next to Make this event unlisted.
- This event should remain Public in order for the event URL to properly display event information to anyone the URL is sent to.
- Save and Publish the event as you normally would. *Note: Upon publishing, the event will NOT show on the calendar, but it will show on the Event List for the user who created the event, any user who has the Event Admin permission enabled, as well as any user who is involved in the event approval process.
Sharing the Event Information
- Click on the Events tab at the top of the screen.
- Find the event in the Event List, and click on the Actions drop down menu.
- Select Get URL. *Note: Only unlisted events will have the Get URL option in the Actions menu.
- From here, you can choose to share the URL however you need to. Anyone who is given this URL will be able to view the event details.