Modifying, Canceling, and Deleting Events
Tenant and Site Administrators can modify and cancel events from the Events Dashboard. You can filter the list of events displayed in the dashboard using the options at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Events tab at the top of the screen.
- Enter any Keywords and/or a Date Range and click the Search link to pull up those results.
- Click More to filter the list by Category, Location, or Status.
- You can also sort the list by clicking on the column headings.
If you need to edit, delete, copy, or cancel an event, use the Actions drop down menu next to the event on the dashboard.
- Dashboard will take you to an event specific dashboard for that event.
- Edit is the same as clicking on the event's name. If the event is a series, this option modifies only the single date and time or occurrence of that series event.
- If you wish to edit all dates and times or occurrences of a series event, click Edit Series. This will modify all future occurrences in the series.
- Copy allows you to create a new event based on this event's information. You will be redirected to the Create an Event page with the event's details already filled in.
- Cancel will add "Canceled" to the event name and take you to a Cancellation Dashboard where you can select the options for canceling this event.
- Delete removes the event's next occurrence from the site.
- If you wish to remove all dates and times or occurrences of a series event, click Delete Series.
- To modify an individual event, click on the event's name or select Edit from the Actions drop down.
- To modify a series event, click on the series icon () or select Edit Series from the Actions drop down.
- Make necessary changes to the event.
- Under the Version Control and Change Log you can indicate what changes you made by entering notes in the Add Comments field. *Note: This step is optional. From this section, you can also view previous changes that have been made to this event by other users.
- Deny to decline the event request without publishing it to the site.
- Publish to approve the event and publish it to the site.
- Discard to exit the Modify an Event page without saving any changes.
- From the Events Dashboard, select Copy from the Actions drop down next to the event you'd like to copy.
- All information from this event will be copied into a new event form.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the form to save the details of the event.
- Click the Submit button to save the event and submit it for review and approval. *Note: Only Standard users will see the Submit button.
- Click the Publish button to save the event and publish it on the calendar. *Note: Only Site Administrators and Tenant Administrators will see the Publish button.
- Click the Discard button to cancel requesting the event and return to the Events Dashboard.
- From the Events Dashboard, select Cancel from the Actions drop down next to the event you'd like to cancel. This will take you to the Cancel Event screen.
- If there are no Sale Items or Registrations for this event, click Cancel This Event and then click OK in the confirmation pop-up.
- If there are Sale Items or Registrations for this event, there are two cancellation options to select from:
- Select Cancel Remaining to automatically cancel and alert the registrant or purchaser for the product indicated. *Note: This will not automatically issue a refund. Refunds must be issued via the Events Dashboard.
- Select Do Not Cancel to retain all registrants as active for this event. This option is not recommended if the event is cancelled.
- If there are Contacts for this event, select either Notify or Do Not Notify to choose whether or not to alert them of the cancellation.
- To delete an individual event, select Delete from the Actions drop down.
- To delete a series event, select Delete Series from the Actions drop down.
- Click OK in the pop-up window to confirm.
Restoring a Deleted Event
- From the Events Dashboard, next to the deleted event, select Restore or Restore Series from the Actions drop down and click OK in the pop-up to confirm.
- Restoring an event will change the status from Deleted to Saved.
Purging a Deleted Event
- To permanently remove an event with a deleted status, select Purge or Purge Series from the Actions drop down and click OK in the pop-up to confirm.
- Purged events cannot be recovered.
To easily see a month view of your events, or to quickly change a date of an event, utilize the Calendar View feature. *Note: Only the date of the event can be changed from the calendar view. To change time, location, or any other details, utilize the Edit option on the Event Actions menu.
- Above the list of events, click on Calendar view.
- To move an event to another day, click and hold your mouse on the event you wish to move.
- Drag the event to the new date, then release your mouse. As long as there is no conflict, the event will save on the new date.